WANTED: Advice / Constructive Criticism / Feedback

Hello Community. 

I would truly value your time in helping me. You knowledge and experience is very helpful. I'm feeling overwhelmed reconciling my needs with available functionality in SS Scheduling and payment processors.

I have read most of the self-help under "scheduling" and "payment" in the SS manuals. I'm not reaching out without spending my own time first trying to understand practical application. 

My Business:

High-volume service business (Photo/Video with appointments ranging from 1 to 4 hours.) I want to streamline booking and payment, both for my peace of mind and convenience of my clients. I have decided to use Stripe. For accounting, I have decided to use QuickBooks.

Questions & Scenarios:

1. Do any of you have an efficient way to account for Stripe processing fees requiring little time and effort?
  2. I'm considering not refunding clients for cancellations within 24 hours and issuing a coupon towards a later appointment. Does anyone not issue refunds only offering coupons for future bookings like some organizations? What's the thought behind this? Do you recommend? 
  3. How do you handle cancellations, specifically how do you manage them with SS Scheduling? How does Quickbooks account for this? 
    1. Example: (In this scenario, I've decided I will always reimburse a customer the full amount, but charge a cancellation fee.) A customer books. I arrive. They're a no-show, or cancel same-day. When they booked, they were charged $100. The cancellation fee is $25. Do you issue the refund through Quickbooks or Stripe or SS? When you refund the $75 and keep the $25, how do you account for this? Is it automated within Quickbooks?

Again, the most important overriding principle is to maintain efficiency both for myself and the customer. My original idea was to have a client go online, book, pay, I arrive. Nothing is this simple however. I want something that's seamless and fair for both myself and my time and my potential clients. 

Thank you in advance

Zach 

• Replies 0
  • Views 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic