Pinch to Zoom in/out Gestures for Lightbox/Gallery images

Site URL: https://www.ingernovajorgensen.com/sculpture

Is it possible to use CSS or other coding to turn on the ability for users to pinch-to-zoom on images in Lightbox view on both desktop and mobile devices?  (It would have to be the usual zoom in/out gestures, in Lightbox mode, on a Gallery Page.)

I don't understand why Squarespace wouldn't have this setting as default? Literally every other website and gallery maker I know of does it, as it's a hugely useful feature for photo and fine art content creators.

I prefer not to use an outside plugin that requires me to activate "Developer Mode", however, if that is the only option, any assistance on that process; the pros and cons of activating Developer Mode, would be deeply appreciated.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help out.

• 1 year later...

Thanks @tuanphan for the suggestions

@Cornflower My plugin will provide the pinch-zoom on mobile for lightbox images, the requirement is Business Plan or above which allows the Code Injection feature, so enabling the Developer Mode is not required. It will simply replace all the enabled lightbox galleries with the plugin

I put your site URL in the `Try it out` section on my page and here is how it works ( you can try it yourself too! )

The second attachment showing the successor of the Pinchzoom lightbox plugin, we will introduce new Lightbox Studio plugin in the next couple of days with enhanced features like thumbnails and download functions...

chrome-capture-2023-2-13.gif

chrome-capture-2023-2-13 (1).gif

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!