Jump to content

Random image on homepage at refresh and when clicked

Recommended Posts

Hi, 
I haven't been able to figure out how to achieve an image block on my homepage that loads a random image every time the site is refreshed but that also generates a random image when it is clicked. Gallery blocks come close but I don't want any arrows or anything, just the ability to click anywhere on the image and for it to change. The images would be pulled from an unlinked page so that they are specifically cropped/sized for this purpose. 

Thank you. 

Link to comment
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/1/2021 at 6:41 AM, oyamtat said:

Hi, 
I haven't been able to figure out how to achieve an image block on my homepage that loads a random image every time the site is refreshed but that also generates a random image when it is clicked. Gallery blocks come close but I don't want any arrows or anything, just the ability to click anywhere on the image and for it to change. The images would be pulled from an unlinked page so that they are specifically cropped/sized for this purpose. 

Thank you. 

Kindly show us your site with the protected password to check it

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
On 10/1/2021 at 6:41 AM, oyamtat said:

Hi, 
I haven't been able to figure out how to achieve an image block on my homepage that loads a random image every time the site is refreshed but that also generates a random image when it is clicked. Gallery blocks come close but I don't want any arrows or anything, just the ability to click anywhere on the image and for it to change. The images would be pulled from an unlinked page so that they are specifically cropped/sized for this purpose. 

Thank you. 

You can use Gallery Block + This random order plugin. (I used to use this combination to make banner image show random on refresh for a member)

To remove arrow, just share url, we can give the code to remove it.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...
On 12/3/2021 at 4:02 AM, oyamtat said:

Hi @tuanphan

Thanks for the help. Can you provide me with just the generic code to remove the arrows for the gallery block but still make it clickable to change the image? i can then apply it to the gallery blocks i need afterward. 

Thank you!

Can you share link to page where you use gallery block? We can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...
On 10/3/2021 at 4:44 PM, tuanphan said:

You can use Gallery Block + This random order plugin. (I used to use this combination to make banner image show random on refresh for a member)

To remove arrow, just share url, we can give the code to remove it.

Hello tuanphan,

Just the solution I was looking for. Will this work here: www.alexandrekapellos.com ? I'd like the image on the landing page to be different everything. 

Thanks, Alexandre

 

Link to comment
On 1/27/2022 at 3:51 AM, Dizurik said:

Hello tuanphan,

Just the solution I was looking for. Will this work here: www.alexandrekapellos.com ? I'd like the image on the landing page to be different everything. 

Thanks, Alexandre

 

Yes. It should work with your site (your template is Well. Is this correct? It belongs 7.0 version. The plugin supports 7.0 version)

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.