Change Order of Events

On 9/30/2021 at 1:51 AM, Sandie said:

Hi, I would like to remove time altogether and add text in front of the dates please? i.e. Apply Sep 29 2021 – Oct 7 2021

Is this something you would be able to incorporate into the code? Thanks in advance

where do you want to apply this? Somewhere in your site or something like that?

Edited by bangank36

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Hi there,

I managed to solve this one, but I have another question that you can hopefully resolve.

I am using the Events block to display Job vacancies. By default, the Events display the most recent additions at the bottom. I understand that you can manually change the publication date to reorder, but I am hoping for a permanent fix, to ensure that the latest events (jobs) always appear at the top. 

If this is not possible, is there a way to add some instruction text to the top of the Events list (without using a Summary block)? 

https://www.totalrecruitment.co.nz/job-vacancies

Thank you for your help,

Edited by Sandie
  • Sandie changed the title to Change Order of Events
On 10/4/2021 at 4:53 PM, Sandie said:

Hi there,

I managed to solve this one, but I have another question that you can hopefully resolve.

I am using the Events block to display Job vacancies. By default, the Events display the most recent additions at the bottom. I understand that you can manually change the publication date to reorder, but I am hoping for a permanent fix, to ensure that the latest events (jobs) always appear at the top. 

If this is not possible, is there a way to add some instruction text to the top of the Events list (without using a Summary block)? 

https://www.totalrecruitment.co.nz/job-vacancies

Thank you for your help,

Add this to Design > Custom CSS

div.eventlist.eventlist--upcoming:before {
    content: "enter your text";
    display: block;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I realize this thread is a few years old. However, I have a similar problem. I have an event block on a page with several smaller events and a big retreat i am leading in January. It keeps the retreat at the bottom of the list of events because it is the furthest away event. I want to keep the retreat at the top of the list. Would that eventlist code work to keep it there? What do you put in the "enter your text" portion? 

Thanks for your help!

www.expansionlab.io/events

On 8/4/2023 at 8:54 PM, philwood said:

Hi,

I realize this thread is a few years old. However, I have a similar problem. I have an event block on a page with several smaller events and a big retreat i am leading in January. It keeps the retreat at the bottom of the list of events because it is the furthest away event. I want to keep the retreat at the top of the list. Would that eventlist code work to keep it there? What do you put in the "enter your text" portion? 

Thanks for your help!

www.expansionlab.io/events

You mean

Move this event: Rhythm and Reset Retreat

Before: Breath & Recovery at ProSport

Is that right?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 8/4/2023 at 6:54 AM, philwood said:

I have an event block on a page with several smaller events and a big retreat i am leading in January. It keeps the retreat at the bottom of the list of events because it is the furthest away event. I want to keep the retreat at the top of the list.

Add the following to Website > Website Tools > Custom CSS.

/* begin big event to top */

#collection-632cc3b6aa25831620f904e8 .eventlist.eventlist--upcoming {

display : flex;
    flex-direction : column;
    gap : 68px;

}

#collection-632cc3b6aa25831620f904e8 .eventlist.eventlist--upcoming .eventlist-event {

margin-top : 0;

}

#collection-632cc3b6aa25831620f904e8 .eventlist.eventlist--upcoming .eventlist-event:last-child {

order : -1;

}

/* end big event to top */

Or if you want the less repetitive form using LESS syntax.

// big event to top, uses LESSS syntax

#collection-632cc3b6aa25831620f904e8 {

.eventlist.eventlist--upcoming {

display : flex;
    flex-direction : column;
    gap : 68px;

.eventlist-event {

margin-top : 0;

&:last-child {

order : -1;

}

}

}

}

These are for v7.1.

This effect will only work as long as no new events beyond the Rhythm and Reset Retreat are added. Once you do that you will need to remove or comment out this custom CSS.

If you need to get fancier, it may be possible with JavaScript to pick out the big event and move it to the top of the heap, even if there are events beyond the big event. You may need to hire a developer for this.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I'm trying to change the order of my events as well.

For example, on our events page we have some events than run every week that I would like to stay on the bottom of the events page, while larger events like big UFC fights or special events such as New Years I would like to put on the top of the page. Is there a way to do this?

Particularly interested in getting my NYE event to the top of the page, thanks 🙂

http://www.lastslice.com.au/events