Building Awards-based Voting Contest Site - 7 categories with 5 contestants per category

Hello Everyone!

I'm tasked with building an awards-based voting contest site that features 7 categories with 5 contestants per category. Participants may cast 1 vote per category, per email, per 24 hour period. 

I'm seeking insight on the best way to capture participants' names, email address and voting data for each category and contestant results and tabulation. My initial thought is to have names, email addresses and votes captured in Google Sheets but now sure it's robust enough to allow for the volume and segmentation that might occur with the voting.

I figure that this task may require custom CSS and or third-party plugs. Would be open to chat developers who can demonstrate that they could make this happen. 

Has anyone built a similar type of site? Welcome all input.

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2021 at 1:34 AM, ThePromoTeam said:

Hello Everyone!

I'm tasked with building an awards-based voting contest site that features 7 categories with 5 contestants per category. Participants may cast 1 vote per category, per email, per 24 hour period. 

I'm seeking insight on the best way to capture participants' names, email address and voting data for each category and contestant results and tabulation. My initial thought is to have names, email addresses and votes captured in Google Sheets but now sure it's robust enough to allow for the volume and segmentation that might occur with the voting.

I figure that this task may require custom CSS and or third-party plugs. Would be open to chat developers who can demonstrate that they could make this happen. 

Has anyone built a similar type of site? Welcome all input.

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo

Squarespace form may not fit for voting because of its limiting, you may want to check 3rd party form provider such as typeform for this

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!