How do I change a button in the header without changing the rest of my buttons?

Hi guys! I'm developing a website for my team & our game, it's still unpublished and I am not a coder. I've been copy and pasting code from forums like this, but I cannot find a solution to my problem.

I am using template Arcade, and it comes with a button in the header, and I tried to code the button to have a customized image for kickstarter. It worked but somehow ended up globally changing my buttons on the website that weren't attached to any forms with the image too, and I am not sure how to fix this. To reiterate, I want the button in the header to be made up of one image, and the rest of the buttons across my website to be at their Squarespace standard.

Here is my whacky code job haha:

#collection-6111d4c5204fc230432c176d
.sqs-block-button-element, .image-button a, .header-actions .btn {
  background-image:url(https://static1.squarespace.com/static/6111d2b852ec4414e44c7e2c/t/6148f20ab2c5c83c3c9623a9/1632170506583/Kickstarter-Logo.png);
  background-size:cover;
  color:transparent;
  text-shadow: none;
  border: 2px solid white;
  &:hover{
    border: 4px solid white;
    margin:-2px;
  }
  &:active{
    transform:scale(.98)
  }
}

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, arivar20 said:

Hi guys! I'm developing a website for my team & our game, it's still unpublished and I am not a coder. I've been copy and pasting code from forums like this, but I cannot find a solution to my problem.

I am using template Arcade, and it comes with a button in the header, and I tried to code the button to have a customized image for kickstarter. It worked but somehow ended up globally changing my buttons on the website that weren't attached to any forms with the image too, and I am not sure how to fix this. To reiterate, I want the button in the header to be made up of one image, and the rest of the buttons across my website to be at their Squarespace standard.

Here is my whacky code job haha:

#collection-6111d4c5204fc230432c176d
.sqs-block-button-element, .image-button a, .header-actions .btn {
  background-image:url(https://static1.squarespace.com/static/6111d2b852ec4414e44c7e2c/t/6148f20ab2c5c83c3c9623a9/1632170506583/Kickstarter-Logo.png);
  background-size:cover;
  color:transparent;
  text-shadow: none;
  border: 2px solid white;
  &:hover{
    border: 4px solid white;
    margin:-2px;
  }
  &:active{
    transform:scale(.98)
  }
}

Sharing your url with protected password and taking a screenshot should help us to check your issues easily 

Squarespace_set_password.gif

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!