Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Emoji Appearing as Broken in Email Marketing Subject Lines

kindandbrave

Question

Site URL: https://www.littleboxes.shop/

Hi Circle Fam,

This one is seriously stumping me. For the past couple of months, when I add emojis to the subject line of my marketing email campaigns, they appear as broken on send (and on test sends). No matter the emoji, it appears as two question marks in diamond shapes.

It's been really frustrating because I can't find a cause, and it used to work for me!

I've reached out to Squarespace support, but they claimed it's not an issue on their end and that it must be a client issue. Which is weird, because my email client is Gmail, through the Squarespace website (I purchased the Gsuite through Squarespace).

Anyone else having trouble with this or know of a fix? Thank you!

Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 7.13.40 PM.png

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

4 answers to this question

I'm not seeing this issue myself (see below) but it sounds as if your emoji codes aren't being understood. How are you adding the emojis to the subject line? Has the method changed recently, for example a new device or a software upgrade?

add-emoji-to-campaigns-subject.gif.8b739ba6380c28ad9fb11d89a1689b92.gif

761524956_Screenshot2021-09-27at13_53_45.png.7d3636d4a5581d1d9dea4c36c4906a35.png

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Hi Paul, Thanks for jumping in!

I am entering them the same way you are, with that widget that appears if I use the FN key or command+shift+space bar. It appears perfectly in the editor (as you show in your screen capture GIF), but then when I test send or send to recipients that's when it breaks. 🤔

I did recently upgrade my mac (within the past two months) and I'm using macOS Big Sur version 11.6.

It's a mystery!

Does it happen will all emojis - for example, the heart in my capture - or only with certain ones?

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.