DNS pointing to a dk domain

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://amphibian-gardenia-np5j.squarespace.com

Hi there

I have a big problem that I hope someone can help with.

I have created a new website in the SS, which is currently on their temporary domain.

This will replace my current website, made in WP, which is on my own domain - www.mortenskovlund.dk

It is currently hosted by a web hotel (Webhosting.dk) - but my domain name is managed by Dk-hostmaster.dk

I know that I can not move a DK domain over to SS, but have to make a point towards my domain.

I have tried to follow the guides that lie, but I simply do not understand where to do what.

When I connect my domain to the SS admin page, I should get some values up - but the page just stands and loads, without anything else happening. (see pic)

Can anyone help, or can one buy help for this problem?

Skærmbillede 2021-09-23 kl. 21.15.15.png

Edited by Morten77
  • Solution
16 hours ago, Morten77 said:

I know that I can not move a DK domain over to SS, but have to make a point towards my domain.

When your domain name is hosted by a third-party provider, you can connect it to your Squarespace site by following a process called domain mapping.

To do this, you'll need to edit the DNS settings using the control panel of your third-party provider. The settings are documented in this Squarespace guide, but if you aren't sure how to apply these, I recommend you contact the support team at domain hosting company.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

1 hour ago, Morten77 said:

Now I just struggle with the fact that my front page is not mobile responsive

Your page is responsive, which is why the image is cropped when a smaller device is used and this cuts off the text that you've embedded within the image file. If you're struggling with this, you may want to start a new post for this topic, as it isn't relevant to the DNS issues. However in summary:

• Replace the image with one that doesn't contain text.
  • Preview mobile view, and then set the focal point so that the portrait is visible.
  • Add the text within Squarespace, not within the image file.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Optimal is 2500px wide, if designed for all sizes.

Hi
It works, has made a "temporary background" - just need to have the image in the correct format.

The only thing is the text that is going to be too high up on mobile (I live with that), and then I would have liked "people" to be red.

I have a very last problem. When the page loads, just like a red background comes up in a game second. I simply do not know why.

But thanks for the great help

IMG_2F5D5ABDA43C-1.jpeg

Edited by Morten77