template for new site not found- help!

• Replies 1
  • Views 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a look at The Onion website and I think you could replicate the general look of the site. The Onion is using a fairly straight forward block layout. Not at all like a real paper which I think would more resemble a wall type of web layout.

How you populate that page with content is the challenge. You might try to leverage blog pages in the Not Linked section of Pages to organize your content and then use summary blocks to put your content onto the front page.

I don't know for sure if it will work out.

If the summary blocks can't get the job done you might look at the Lazy Summaries plug-in. It does have some abilities to customize the output with Javascript. I suggest contacting the plug-in author to see if LS might be able to help with the formatting of your layout.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.