POS (Point of Sale) Options with Squarespace

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035711431

With the Square/ Squarespace integration going away next week, I am curious what sellers who sell both online and offline are doing for their Point of Sale solution. One option I've seen is Shopify Lite, where you can host your site on Squarespace and plug products into your pages, plus use the Shopify POS. But, in general I find that clients prefer Square hardware to Shopify's, and it is more commonly the system they already use. 

Would love some ideas on what you or your clients are doing to use Squarespace as the main online portal, but be able to sell in-person as well. Thanks.

• Solution
32 minutes ago, EcomSpence said:

With the Square/ Squarespace integration going away next week, I am curious what sellers who sell both online and offline are doing for their Point of Sale solution.

Next week, the old "Commerce" app is being retired on Android, but the Square/Squarespace integration is not going away. Square is still available for point of sale payments on Squarespace using the updated "Squarespace" app on an iPhone or iPad.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thank you Paul. I misunderstood this change. From reading more about the Squarespace app and use with Square card readers, it seems the app is really only appropriate for pop-up type situations, since there is no option to use Square Register or Terminal. 

From what I gather, the other option people have is to use Shopify Lite with Shopify POS if they need a more robust POS/ inventory system, but like the Squarespace website tools better. It seems one can pop Shopify Lite items into a Squarespace store. I imagine once a store gets beyond 30 or so items, though, that solution becomes a pain to manage.

1 hour ago, EcomSpence said:

I imagine once a store gets beyond 30 or so items, though, that solution becomes a pain to manage.

Exactly.  

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.