Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Can I add processing times to my products?

Kelsie

Site URL: https://www.kelsiecakes.com

Hi! I'm looking to add a processing time to my product pages. I'm moving over from Etsy and they provide an estimated time of delivery based on how long it takes me to get the order to the post office, and an estimated shipping time based on the standard shipping option. My products are all handmade and although I do have in-stock items, some larger orders are made-to-order and I want to give customers the estimated delivery times, especially because my products are geared toward events like weddings and birthdays, so they need to know if their order will arrive in time. Thank you!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Kelsie

Can you provide some more details? For example, how are the estimates decided? Is there a calculation? 

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Sqsp Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Expert and founder of SF Digital, dedicated to improving websites by building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

• 3 months later...
On 9/20/2021 at 11:10 AM, paul2009 said:

Hi Kelsie

Can you provide some more details? For example, how are the estimates decided? Is there a calculation? 

Yes, I ship within 2 business days of receiving an order. When I sell on Etsy, I can select that under shipping profiles. I have not seen any similar options on squarespace but I'd love to give my customer an estimate of processing (and maybe even delivery estimates but I'll start with processing first)

17 minutes ago, Kelsie said:

When I sell on Etsy, I can select that under shipping profiles.

There isn't anything like this on Squarespace, but I can certainly understand how published timescales would make it clearer for potential customers, and I'd like to help you with this.

Am I correct in thinking that this is the Etsy feature you are referring to? You'd like to be able to show an estimated date for despatch, or are you looking for something different?

622185293_Screenshot2022-01-04at17_11_15.png.0921929f89c16b22033c3b1bb732ba70.png 

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Sqsp Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Expert and founder of SF Digital, dedicated to improving websites by building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

6 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

There isn't anything like this on Squarespace, but I can certainly understand how published timescales would make it clearer for potential customers, and I'd like to help you with this.

Am I correct in thinking that this is the Etsy feature you are referring to? You'd like to be able to show an estimated date for despatch, or are you looking for something different?

622185293_Screenshot2022-01-04at17_11_15.png.0921929f89c16b22033c3b1bb732ba70.png 

Yes that's exactly what I'm looking for, thank you!

• 6 months later...