Can I add processing times to my products?

Site URL: https://www.kelsiecakes.com

Hi! I'm looking to add a processing time to my product pages. I'm moving over from Etsy and they provide an estimated time of delivery based on how long it takes me to get the order to the post office, and an estimated shipping time based on the standard shipping option. My products are all handmade and although I do have in-stock items, some larger orders are made-to-order and I want to give customers the estimated delivery times, especially because my products are geared toward events like weddings and birthdays, so they need to know if their order will arrive in time. Thank you!

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kelsie

Can you provide some more details? For example, how are the estimates decided? Is there a calculation? 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...
On 9/20/2021 at 11:10 AM, paul2009 said:

Hi Kelsie

Can you provide some more details? For example, how are the estimates decided? Is there a calculation? 

Yes, I ship within 2 business days of receiving an order. When I sell on Etsy, I can select that under shipping profiles. I have not seen any similar options on squarespace but I'd love to give my customer an estimate of processing (and maybe even delivery estimates but I'll start with processing first)

17 minutes ago, Kelsie said:

When I sell on Etsy, I can select that under shipping profiles.

There isn't anything like this on Squarespace, but I can certainly understand how published timescales would make it clearer for potential customers, and I'd like to help you with this.

Am I correct in thinking that this is the Etsy feature you are referring to? You'd like to be able to show an estimated date for despatch, or are you looking for something different?

622185293_Screenshot2022-01-04at17_11_15.png.0921929f89c16b22033c3b1bb732ba70.png 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

6 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

There isn't anything like this on Squarespace, but I can certainly understand how published timescales would make it clearer for potential customers, and I'd like to help you with this.

Am I correct in thinking that this is the Etsy feature you are referring to? You'd like to be able to show an estimated date for despatch, or are you looking for something different?

622185293_Screenshot2022-01-04at17_11_15.png.0921929f89c16b22033c3b1bb732ba70.png 

Yes that's exactly what I'm looking for, thank you!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Since this feature does not exist, has anyone found a good work-around for clearly communicating to customers the processing time on the check-out page? Two imperfect work-arounds I've found:
1. Add "(*ships in 2 business days*)" to the product title
2. Add a form field that requires them check a box that says "I understand it may take up to 2 business days to ship my order". 
Ideally, I'd be able to add a note about processing time in the part of the form where they are selecting their shipping speed. 

1 hour ago, CaseyT said:

Since this feature does not exist, has anyone found a good work-around for clearly communicating to customers the processing time on the check-out page? Ideally, I'd be able to add a note about processing time in the part of the form where they are selecting their shipping speed. 

It's straightforward to add messages to other pages but on the checkout page you are limited in what you can do. You can name your shipping options in ways that may help or you can a checkbox and message in a custom checkout form. No other changes are possible.