How to modify the website

Site URL: https://www.welovecmcs.org/

Hi!

This is my first time to come here and also use SquareSpace product so I might ask something that it's already asked in the past but please bare with me.

I was asked to modify and make it look better on my son's school website but I have no idea where to go and modify the 
css. The version of this template is: 

Squarespace 
Version 7.0– Brine family (Mentor template)

I searched around and found out that it seems like I need to go to Design section and modify however, I don't see anything like that after I log in. This is all I have in the menu. 

image.png.17ba6182cc25ca7193ede195e7da4c31.png

Basically, what I want to change are: 

- To add background color on the main navigation on the top (it's very hard to see)

- To change the photo on the top to much simple image 

- To change the structure of layout of the top page (where it says "Welcome Families & Friends of Community! along with 2 buttons and the Youtube video)

- The width of contents from full width to 880px

I see Edit buttons when I log in but it doesn't let me change anything, just asking me to add a new element.

Is there any way to make these happens in the widget or do I need to add custom css for these? 
If anyone can guide me through, I'd much appreciate it. 
And please let me know if there is any info is missing in order to answer my questions.

Thanks in advance,
Yuko

Edited by Yuko
  • Replies 2
  • Views 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Yuko said:

I was asked to modify and make it look better on my son's school website but I have no idea where to go and modify the 

Someone has added you to the website with the incorrect level of permissions. To make the changes you've described, you'll need 'Administrator' access. Another Administrator or Site Owner will need to provide you with these permissions. They can so this by reading this guide: Squarespace permissions explained.

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance