Sort Summary Block by Blog Post Date Oldest to Newest

I am trying to sort my summary block so the oldest blog post which is associated with an event is displayed first. I am trying to setup a list of events by a person who is assigned to the event and the newest to oldest puts the events in backwards order. It would also work if I could filter the archive block by category and tag.

To make the oldest blog post show up first, you need to change the published dates. The date itself doesn't have to be displayed if you don't want it to. This is what I have done with many of my posts, especially if they are part one, part two etc. You edit the original post to change the date published. I posted a link to display a group of posts where I changed the date to get them in the order I wanted. 

https://myrandomviews.com/stories/lessons

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 1 month later...

I need to do something similar.

I'm using a blog collection to store bios of members of our team which I categorize based on department, committee, etc. Then I add a summary block on each department's page and filter based on that category.

But having them sort by reverse chronological date doesn't work for me. It would be great to find a work around for this.

9 hours ago, nathan said:

I need to do something similar.

I'm using a blog collection to store bios of members of our team which I categorize based on department, committee, etc. Then I add a summary block on each department's page and filter based on that category.

But having them sort by reverse chronological date doesn't work for me. It would be great to find a work around for this.

You can use Squarewebsites pro extension to sort the blog order 

In case you can handle javascript yourself, this trick will help to gather all the blog posts and you can proceed them manually (note that data return pagination in case there are more than 30 posts in a page) View JSON Data — Squarespace Developers

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!