How do I choose a blank template?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Visit https://www.squarespace.com/templates and click 'USE BLANK TEMPLATE'.

use-blank-template.thumb.png.f73c01c47d65c42882b79ef8d6756bc6.png

If this post was helpful, please click an icon below  ⬇️ 

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Squarespace moved the link.

Edited by paul2009
updated url

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

@paul2009's tip about the private browsing window helped me. 👍

Although the style of filtering was the same as I've seen before, the blank template button was shown.

866748039_ScreenShot2021-09-21at11_27_13AM.thumb.png.d3d2b694ae80bbb3a054530c2c170692.png

You might need to hover/scroll around a bit as the button didn't seem to immediately show when I scrolled to the bottom of the screen.

Interestingly that button will not show in a non private window. That could be because I'm logged in or maybe even perhaps some stale cookies/local storage are preventing it from showing. Not going to be tracking that one down right now! 🙂

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 3 months later...

Hi!  Has anyone figured out another way around this?  I do not get the blank template option when I click on build a page.  And I have tried all the above suggestions and tried it in different browser types (Chrome and Edge).  I didn't have this problem for the site I created a few months ago so I am not sure why it is happening now.  Pretty frustrating to have already wasted one hour trying to locate the blank template option!  Any advice would be helpful!  Thank you!

• Solution
11 minutes ago, hollykdesign said:

I do not get the blank template option when I click on build a page.

Squarespace removed the blank template option from their site on 6th December. If you'd like to use it, you can do so here (you'll need to close the survey to see it 🙂).

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, MidnightClub said:

Why would they do that?

I imagine there were lots of support calls from new users who couldn't work out how to use the blank template 🤣.

I find it helpful to have the link in my browser favourites 🙂.

12 minutes ago, MidnightClub said:

I can't see it that blank design

You don't see this when you click the link? (You may need to skip the survey first.)

862848598_Screenshot2022-02-10at14_26_11.thumb.png.ead12ac9c92648aa3bd033d9f847c716.png

Edited by paul2009

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2/23/2022 at 2:28 AM, JasonGipson said:

I thought the blank template was a gesture of goodwill to the Circle community? 

automotive ecommerce themes

If you're not a developer, but a customer, it's easier and cheaper to buy a premium theme with several types of pages, thematic blocks, and content design options. If you just need a generic site - a ready-made premium template rarely costs more than $60, while developing from scratch can cost several hundred or thousands. I was just looking for an automotive ecommerce themes and picked one that I liked. It's much more cost effective than starting from scratch everything.

Edited by WilliamSmith193
  • 1 month later...
On 10/11/2022 at 1:51 AM, mjleyrer said:

I'm still not seeing anyway to build a blank template if you've already purchased a domain? It forces you into using a template? 

Am I wrong or just dumb? 

You can choose Blank template by access this link: https://www.squarespace.com/templates/blank-fluid-demo

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)