Help to remove Sidebar Navigation in Members area

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Solution
2 hours ago, BluebirdBirdy said:

Can I use custom code to remove the Sidebar Navigation panel on certain pages only?

You can remove the folder navigation with some CSS. The folder navigation has the unique ID 'folderNav', so setting this to be hidden (display:none) should achieve this. 

Here's the CSS wrapped in some style tags. You should be able to add this to the Advanced page settings of each page where you want this to be hidden. To find this, click the gear icon next to each page name in the PAGES panel.

<style>
  #folderNav {
    display: none!important;
  }
</style>

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks Paul - that worked to remove the Sidebar! I really appreciate your help!!!

I wonder if you can help with the next issue now...

It seems like there is empty space on the right of the page.

This is the page content on the main part of the website:

892595739_ScreenShot2021-09-14at8_24_06am.thumb.png.857964793ccc27ee990c71f2cbb7f22e.png

Now here it is in the Members Area:

1799418473_ScreenShot2021-09-14at8_24_22am.thumb.png.cf9866e6bd9a0612dc379a7572a87817.png

Any ideas about how to fix this???

Site URL: https://www.bluebirdfoundationinc.org.au

I'm trying to set up a Member Area and while I keep hitting issues, I'm persisting for now...

The current problem is that the page appears to have empty space on the right hand side. 

This is what the page looks like on the general site:

2127811570_ScreenShot2021-09-14at8_24_06am.thumb.png.e88e3ef1c257bd4853d8dd6e6c6d2660.png

And this is what the page looks like in the Member Area.

I currently have this custom code on the page:

<style>
#header, #mobile.bar {
display: none;
}
#preFooter {
}
#footer {
}
#folderNav {
display: none!important;
}
</style>

Any ideas about what is going on here and how I can fix it?

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 8.24.22 am.png

On 9/13/2021 at 11:28 PM, BluebirdBirdy said:

It seems like there is empty space on the right of the page...in the Members Area

For the community to help, we'll need to have access to the page. If the page is within a Member Area, we'd need you to provide us with a member account so that we can access it. 

If your issue does not involve custom code (you can temporarily remove your code to confirm this) then I recommend you get in touch with Squarespace Customer Care. They'll have full access to your site and should be able to help you to troubleshoot this. You can reach out to them here.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks Paul,

The page is https://www.bluebirdfoundationinc.org.au/singinglinks-l1-copy

You can log in using:

• email = bronlawson@bluebirdfoundationinc.org.au
  • password = pleasehelp

You can compare it with virtually the same page content on the main site at https://www.bluebirdfoundationinc.org.au/singinglinks-l1 (password = Sing1)

The one change to the CSS on this Members Area page is the folderNav code you gave me above.

I tried removing all of the custom code to see if that fixed the issue. The blank space on the right did indeed disappear but of course all the other elements that I want to get rid of (main site header, prefooter, footer and folder navigation) were all back which may just have confused the issue for me.

As you can tell, I do not know anything about CSS and have pieced this together from google searches and forum questions... I'm clearly completely out of my depth!!! 😫

Add this within the style tags on the affected page(s) and let me know how you get on:

.collection-type-page:not(.hide-page-sidebar) #folderNav+#content {
  width: 100%;
}

OK. Next problem...

The page is https://www.bluebirdfoundationinc.org.au/aboutsinginglinks-l1-copy

You can log in to the Members Area using:

• password = pleasehelp

You can compare it with virtually the same page content on the main site at https://www.bluebirdfoundationinc.org.au/aboutsinginglinks-l1 (password = Sing1)

I would like to use the Sidebar Folder navigation for this page (and the others listed on the page on the main site) but I DON'T want to show every page in the Members Area. Is there a way to remove the first five pages from the Sidebar navigation?

650232151_ScreenShot2021-09-16at5_24_47pm.thumb.png.854a2c6ee41833756ef6eac59549189b.png

On 9/16/2021 at 2:28 PM, BluebirdBirdy said:

OK. Next problem...

The page is https://www.bluebirdfoundationinc.org.au/aboutsinginglinks-l1-copy

You can log in to the Members Area using:

• password = pleasehelp

You can compare it with virtually the same page content on the main site at https://www.bluebirdfoundationinc.org.au/aboutsinginglinks-l1 (password = Sing1)

I would like to use the Sidebar Folder navigation for this page (and the others listed on the page on the main site) but I DON'T want to show every page in the Members Area. Is there a way to remove the first five pages from the Sidebar navigation?

650232151_ScreenShot2021-09-16at5_24_47pm.thumb.png.854a2c6ee41833756ef6eac59549189b.png

Have you solved it yet?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)