Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Custom googlemap with multiple pins and custom pin image - how to embed into squarespace?

MarioFluffy

Question

Site URL: https://millnerproperty.com.au

Hi,

The inbuilt default map by squarespace is not suitable for what we're trying to achieve, so we built a custom html page with google api to display a custom google map with custom pins and multiple pins with cards.

https://fluffyduck.com.au/millner/maps.html

The issue - I can't find any information where / how to embed this into the site where required.

If I choose 'code + html' it says 'script disabled' when it tries to load the google elements
If I choose 'code + javascript' it simply displays all the html elements/portions

If I choose 'embed' and put the above url in place, it attempts to parse it and just displays NULL

-

Hopefully I'm over looking something very simply here and hoping someone can assist.

Thanking everyone in advance

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Hi,

If I choose 'code + html' it says 'script disabled' when it tries to load the google elements

It is default message in edit mode. Just open incognito window & check (don't login)

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

@tuanphan you champion!! Thank you!! I didnt even think to check it, I just thought it failed due to those errors.

You are correct.

Now a message is displaying that I had not seen before "This block contains embedded scripts. Embedded scripts are disabled while you're logged in and editing your site" . Perhaps I didnt click 'save' before because I saw 'Script Disabled'

Thank you!

On 9/14/2021 at 3:15 PM, MarioFluffy said:

@tuanphan you champion!! Thank you!! I didnt even think to check it, I just thought it failed due to those errors.

You are correct.

Now a message is displaying that I had not seen before "This block contains embedded scripts. Embedded scripts are disabled while you're logged in and editing your site" . Perhaps I didnt click 'save' before because I saw 'Script Disabled'

Thank you!

Have you solved it yet?

Also, if you want to create map with multiple pins, you can use Advanced Map Block

Extended Squarespace Maps .png

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

On 9/12/2021 at 7:45 PM, MarioFluffy said:

Site URL: https://millnerproperty.com.au

Hi,

The inbuilt default map by squarespace is not suitable for what we're trying to achieve, so we built a custom html page with google api to display a custom google map with custom pins and multiple pins with cards.

Hi @MarioFluffy, just wondering which map provider you used for this map? I need the same thing but don't know where to find the right map making website. Yours looks good. 

Edited by thegiftrebellion
add name
On 10/25/2021 at 5:46 PM, thegiftrebellion said:

Hi @MarioFluffy, just wondering which map provider you used for this map? I need the same thing but don't know where to find the right map making website. Yours looks good. 

You can use plugin I recommended above. It can

• customize marker with your image/icon
  • Show info box on hover or on click
  • Info box can contain: image, text, link,...

Let me know if you have any questions