Usage of Shopify Buy Buttons

Go to solution Solved by Beyondspace,

Site URL: https://tgtfresh.squarespace.com/

password: 0815 (it's in mandarin)

Since learning that my country and its currency (Taiwan) are not supported by Squarespace Commerce, I've tried, and partially successfully changed some portions of my store into using the Shopify Buy Button system. However, since I'm quite bad at these things, I've found Shopify's interface, and the embedding system particularly confusing, and haven't been able to recreate many of the key elements that previously existed in my Squarespace shop. I was wondering if anyone has experiences with, or examples of, successful/functioning implementations of this on their Squarespace shop. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Some of the key issues that I encountered:

• Needing bigger product pop-ups after clicking "open product details"
  • No zooming when hovering over product pictures with cursor
  • No way of organizing the store (like how it's automatically done with tabs and breadcrumbs with Squarespace)
    • (If some products overlap in their categories, would I have to just do duplicates?)
  • Can't customize the cart at all / Is there a way to replace the original cart on the top right with the Shopify one? Or at least move / change the appearance of it (I have hidden the original cart, and hidden the footer add to cart so the Shopify cart appears universally)
  • (Is there a way of sorting with a drop down menu?)
  • (Is there a way of having more than one product per row on mobile, and more than 3 per row on desktop?)
  • (If the pop ups cannot be enlarged / covering the page, and I'd have to use shortcuts to new pages to mimic a shop, which format would be best as a replacement store as a hub to redirect to each product?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution
On 9/11/2021 at 12:35 AM, L1NST3R said:

Site URL: https://tgtfresh.squarespace.com/

password: 0815 (it's in mandarin)

Since learning that my country and its currency (Taiwan) are not supported by Squarespace Commerce, I've tried, and partially successfully changed some portions of my store into using the Shopify Buy Button system. However, since I'm quite bad at these things, I've found Shopify's interface, and the embedding system particularly confusing, and haven't been able to recreate many of the key elements that previously existed in my Squarespace shop. I was wondering if anyone has experiences with, or examples of, successful/functioning implementations of this on their Squarespace shop. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Some of the key issues that I encountered:

• Needing bigger product pop-ups after clicking "open product details"
  • No zooming when hovering over product pictures with cursor
  • No way of organizing the store (like how it's automatically done with tabs and breadcrumbs with Squarespace)
    • (If some products overlap in their categories, would I have to just do duplicates?)
  • Can't customize the cart at all / Is there a way to replace the original cart on the top right with the Shopify one? Or at least move / change the appearance of it (I have hidden the original cart, and hidden the footer add to cart so the Shopify cart appears universally)
  • (Is there a way of sorting with a drop down menu?)
  • (Is there a way of having more than one product per row on mobile, and more than 3 per row on desktop?)
  • (If the pop ups cannot be enlarged / covering the page, and I'd have to use shortcuts to new pages to mimic a shop, which format would be best as a replacement store as a hub to redirect to each product?

I think you can only customize what is available on Shopify Buy button editor, to customize it better you gotta use Shopify SDK to implement your own interface to mimic what is provided on Squarespace

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

On 9/27/2021 at 8:27 PM, bangank36 said:

I think you can only customize what is available on Shopify Buy button editor

It's been awhile since I checked into this. I agree with @bangank36 you basically have to get it right in the Shopify editor because there is no after the fact changes.

There are other threads in this forum that touch on this lack of customization after the button is created.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 9/10/2021 at 6:35 PM, L1NST3R said:

I've tried…using the Shopify Buy Button system. However…I've found Shopify's interface, and the embedding system particularly confusing, and haven't been able to recreate many of the key elements that previously existed in my Squarespace shop.

Buy buttons are a great way to sell a few products, but they are very limited in their features and cannot integrate with many Shopify features or apps.

If you’re in a territory not supported by Squarespace then I recommend that you move directly to Shopify instead of using buy buttons. The platform is one of the most flexible commerce platforms available when it isn’t being limited by buy buttons. 

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.