Edit Product Description as code

Site URL: https://www.bookers.co.nz/

Hi

I am new to this and can only fumble along with trial and error to make things work.

I manage to have accordion text in product description, but only by writing it in bulk load csv file. And if I simply click into the product description when editing the item, all of that is undone. Is there a way to edit the product description as code, or a better way to be loading accordion text that can be edited on the site? (If I don't have to buy plug-in that would be awesome)

Look at any product as an example

The site is still messy, forgive any coding mess. Happy to hear tips if I've done something wrong.

PW: bookers

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Tanya-S
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Views 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/10/2021 at 7:02 AM, Tanya-S said:

Site URL: https://flute-gecko-przx.squarespace.com/

Hi

I am new to this and can only fumble along with trial and error to make things work.

I manage to have accordion text in product description, but only by writing it in bulk load csv file. And if I simply click into the product description when editing the item, all of that is undone. Is there a way to edit the product description as code, or a better way to be loading accordion text that can be edited on the site? (If I don't have to buy plug-in that would be awesome)

Look at this product as an example

https://flute-gecko-przx.squarespace.com/shop/p/test3-scoop-neck-top-with-long-roll-up-sleeve

The site is still messy, forgive any coding mess. Happy to hear tips if I've done something wrong.

PW: bookers

Thank you in advance.

You product url is not found

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 4 months later...

Hi @Tanya-S,

I see that you used some custom code to try to create an accordion on your site's Product Page and it caused some unexpected issues. I'm happy to say that should you want to add an accordion to your site without additional code, you can do so using the accordion block! We have some information about the possibilities and customizations of the accordion block in our guide "Accordion blocks" should you want to take a look. Happy site building!

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2022 at 10:50 AM, Amaya_SQSP said:

Hi @Tanya-S,

I see that you used some custom code to try to create an accordion on your site's Product Page and it caused some unexpected issues. I'm happy to say that should you want to add an accordion to your site without additional code, you can do so using the accordion block! We have some information about the possibilities and customizations of the accordion block in our guide "Accordion blocks" should you want to take a look. Happy site building!

Thank you. I am trying to add accordion text to product description text. As far as I can tell, there's no way to add blocks there.