Different products shown after logging into Squarespace Commerce page.

I have a public Commerce page on Squarespace that is built for a specific public user base. It has to be public as I believe that any type of authentication that I make users go through will mean less sales from the site.

That being said, I have a sub-set of the users, let's call them leadership, that I would like to provide access to a special set of products as part of the overall larger set of products. It seems from my limited knowledge of Squarespace that I might have to duplicate the public Commerce page to include these special products for this unique user base.

I have worked with other commerce platforms before and in the other platforms you can set a group of users to see one set of products and another group of users, another group of products. This is accomplished by having one set of users log in or authentication into the site.

I have looked over the Knowledge Base and cannot seem to find out if this is possible in Squarespace.

Thank you ahead of time for any help you can provide.

Win Mitchell

Would it work for your needs to have two Store pages? One with the products everyone can see. And, one with just the leadership products.

With the second Store page for leadership you could put a password on it.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Creedon; thank you for the reply.

I have thought about your solution too. The problem is that leadership will want to order the sub-set of products and the larger set of products offered to the public user base. If we go with two separate pages that means, I believe, two separate shopping carts, checkout, etc. I believe this could work but it would be better for my sales if they had access to the sub-set and the larger set. Make sense?

18 hours ago, Lakeside said:

I have worked with other commerce platforms before and in the other platforms you can set a group of users to see one set of products and another group of users, another group of products. This is accomplished by having one set of users log in or authentication into the site.

As @creedon has explained, Squarespace allows you to create multiple 'store' pages and apply permissions at a store 'page' level. Squarespace does not provide a way to set permissions at a 'product' level, so it is not possible to prevent access to some products within a public store page.

As an example, you could create a leadership store page containing the restricted products and then protect this store page using a shared page password, or you could use Member Areas (an additional cost option) to require users to login individually to access this store page. Whichever method you choose, authenticated users would also be able to access the public store page.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...

I'm just setting up a store for my skin business. Some brands require that a consultation is carrier out prior to purchase meaning that some items cannot be sold to just anyone. 

Is there a way to show these items in the store with a note to say that the client must book a consultation first? 

Following this, is there a way to allow clients that are already approved access to buy these through the website? 

I'm an absolute novice so any help is appreciated. 

Thanks!

Leigh.

Super old topic but I wondered what you though of my predicament and whether this would work? 

I sell skincare (brand new shop!), some skincare items require a consultation first, meaning that they cannot be sold without this to adhere to brand guidelines. Lets call this brand pineapple. 

Ideally, I would like these items to be seen by everyone in the shop but for the price to be hidden/them not be able to add to cart unless they are logged in. Clients that have had a consultation will have a log in that will unlock the purchase of those specific items. 

If I have 2 stores, one for pineapple products and one for all other products, I assume that pineapple products would then be shown completely separately? And I assume if I password protect this store the products wont be shown to people who don't have access. So they wont even see those items at all? 

I want people to be able to view all the items, know that they need a consultation to buy certain ones, then have access to purchase them after theyve had a consultation. Is this possible at all?