site wide animation disable but it still animates!

Go to solution Solved by mister_nar,

If it is indeed the image switching you see when hovering over product grid images and in product details. I think SS does not consider those effects as part of the site-wide animation feature. That image effect is simply switching images.

Site-wide animations are more like backgrounds that move like water or animated particles floating across them, that kind of effect.

Once we know what effect you don't want, then we may be able to help. An image of what you want to change might help us as well.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 3 months later...

I believe they are referring to the effect applied to items as they scroll into view. I am seeing the same thing. The effect is disabled on some pages, but not in the shop.

I have disabled site-wide animations as follows:
Site styles (the little paintbrush) > Animations > Style: None

However, when I preview my main shop page, the items animate-in with a combined fade/slide effect as I scroll down the page. The same thing happens on the main blog page. I cannot find any place to configure this animation for these pages; only the global theme setting which is being ignored. I am working off the Beaumont template.

@MisterSplinters

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

Please read the documentation at the link provided on how to share a link to your site to understand how it works. A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Thanks for the prompt response.

I feel obligated to point out that if I provide a link to my site and the password here, then literally anyone on the internet can access it. This forum is visible to anyone. Technically, that would qualify as "insecure" if I am trying to keep content hidden. If this is a necessary procedure for diagnosing technical problems, then a more secure solution is required.

However, since I don't have any content I actually need to keep hidden at this point, I am happy to oblige. Here is the blarg link:

https://maracas-lilac-epl4.squarespace.com/blarg

The password is: thisisnotactuallysecure

This is default content, right out of the template. I turned off site animations globally in the theme settings as described above.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Is it possible to edit this code so it works the same just for desktop pages, but not mobile?

It works for my desktop page, but on mobile it makes all the drop down navigation options visible at once (see pic) 

Screen Shot 2024-02-05 at 5.49.34 PM.png