Checkout API integration for DDP / VAT calculator for new EU IOSS rules, sending from UK.

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: http://www.isolapress.com/shop

Hi there

I'm still trying to get my head around the possibilities of sending purchases to the EU from the UK, after the VAT / DDP rule change in July. 

Is it possible to integrate an API that calculates the duties and taxes necessary into the SqSp checkout process? I'm thinking something like the below: 

https://www.taxamo.com/taxamo-assure-rmg/integration

If so, how would I go about this? 

With thanks for any help or experience you can share.

Edited by IsolaPress
Added question
  • IsolaPress changed the title to Checkout API integration for DDP / VAT calculator for new EU IOSS rules, sending from UK.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

This isn't possible.

Squarespace is a 'website builder', and whilst this means that you can produce a professional-looking website very easily without technical knowledge, it also means that you do not have access to the technical areas that would allow you to integrate something with the checkout process.

If this feature is important to your business, I recommend you contact Squarespace Customer Care to log your concern about the delay for this feature. The more they hear from customers who are affected by missing features, the easier it is for them to prioritise them.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Jennifernewsome said:

I'm still trying to work out how to actually do it though

This isn’t currently possible. Squarespace does not allow access to those areas of their platform. Stripe is a one-way connection. You won’t be able to feed the data back into Squarespace where orders are managed. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 years later...
On 10/11/2021 at 2:52 AM, paul2009 said:

This isn’t currently possible. Squarespace does not allow access to those areas of their platform. Stripe is a one-way connection. You won’t be able to feed the data back into Squarespace where orders are managed. 

Hi Paul,

Related question for you, good sir.

Currently, our Squarespace website sales are limited to US customers.  We want to open up our sales internationally, starting with Canada, but want to have the duties paid upfront in the checkout process.  Is this possible?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, nutritiousdelicious said:

We want to open up our sales internationally, starting with Canada, but want to have the duties paid upfront in the checkout process.

I can tell you that the checkout can calculate sales tax rates per country but, as taxes can be complex, I recommend that you check with your tax accountant whether this is sufficient for your needs.