Changing to a different template

1 hour ago, NCSports said:

I would like to know if its possible to change the template.

Squarespace 7.1 only has one template, so it isn't possible to "change".

Squarespace show off the design possibilities by showing you lots of named ideas that they confusingly refer to as "templates", but they are really just different "starting points" using the same template

This is great because it means that every site will have the same features. If you've already started your site in Squarespace 7.1, you'll be able to manually copy any of these starting point designs without switching templates or starting again.

However, if you'd prefer to start again with a different starting point, you'll need to start a new trial.

1748640545_Screenshot2021-09-04at14_48_39.thumb.png.60886180bd178e49c8c64969f6bc922c.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hello,

I am working for a client and I am starting from scratch: new template and content, so I chose anew template and it shows as a 14 day trial. The subscription for the old site was renewed 2 weeks ago, Can I extend the trial period if needed and transfer the same domain without paying for a new subscruption?

Thank you  

Capture.PNG

3 minutes ago, Yaraf said:

I am working for a client and I am starting from scratch: new template and content, so I chose anew template and it shows as a 14 day trial.

You can extend the trial on the new site and you will be able to transfer the domain when you are ready to do so, but you won't be able to transfer the paid website subscription from the old site. This is because each site is billed independently. 

If the old and new sites are on Squarespace 7.0 then switching templates may be a better option. However, if you are using Squarespace 7.1 for either site, this is not an option.

If this helps, please click "Like" below ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Yeah apparently the new site is on version 7.1, so it is correct to to continue working until the trial ends and then extend it? And I should re-pay all the subscription? Can the responsible for paying get a refund since it's been a week since they re-newed the subscription for a whole new year?

You can extend when the trial expires. 

Squarespace will issue a full refund if you cancel within the subscription’s first 14 days. You can read the refund policy here. 

If this helps, please click "Like" below ⬇️

• Susana_SQSP changed the title to Changing to a different template
  • 1 year later...

Hi, if i chose one template and paid for a year and realized im not able to do a header with a background video on the template I chose...can I transfer over my payment to a new template that will work better for me?  I have not published or linked website to a domain yet. 

37 minutes ago, Bryten_UP said:

can I transfer over my payment to a new template

No. You will need to cancel your original subscription and start a new trial. That said, what template are you using? Almost all templates support background banner videos.