Brine gallery search results repeating!

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.benjaminhope.net/ingredients-gallery-brine

My site is built using Squarespace 7.0 Brine

I have a gallery in which images have categories and tags. There is then a search bar that searches through the images only.

When I search using one of the tags (e.g. "Marine"), then scroll to the bottom of the results and click "See More", it starts repeating the results—i.e. it displays the same images multiple times in the list of results. This is completely unacceptable obviously. Any idea what's going on?

I should add that none of the tags or categories are duplicated (i.e. there isn't a category called "Marine" and tag called "Marine")

Thanks in advance.

Benjamin

Edited by BenjaminHope
Corrected url
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
On 8/30/2021 at 11:25 AM, BenjaminHope said:

When I search using one of the tags then click "See More", it starts repeating the results.

If it helps, I see the same symptoms on your site. 

When a Squarespace feature like this isn't working as expected it is best to get in touch with Squarespace Customer Care directly. As a community we love to help, but we are unable to resolve technical issues with the platform. You can reach out to Customer Care using this link.

That said, Squarespace have acknowledged that the built-in Search feature does not work correctly, so this may not be something they can fix anytime soon.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

The re-indexing didn’t solve the problem and they basically admitted it’s a problem with their code. 

I must say I am astounded that in 2021 an industry leader like Squarespace can’t provide a search function that works properly when it’s something anyone could do with a database decades ago. 

I would be interested to read more about what they’ve said / admitted about their search feature. Do you have any sources?

Many thanks

Benjamin 

Here are some other threads:

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.