Would love some feedback!

Site URL: https://bigkidbakesale.squarespace.com/

Hello,

Site password: bigkidbakesale

I am in the middle of working on this site and would love any feedback, constructive or otherwise.  I want to make sure it's clear what the mission and goal of this site is and want to make sure I'm achieving that.

Things I would love suggestions on:

-The baker profile page - I would love to add icons under each of the bakers with the items they offer (cakes, cookies, etc).  but this isn't an option with List items.  Any suggestions on how I could incorporate this?

-I also want to include a search function in the baker profile page that would allow people to search by item, location, etc.  Is this possible?

Thank you so much!

Blayne

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi BlayneG87,review your website.

I would like to see large images cross pages.
I love to bake. 
Baking is the art.  It is the visual brand.
I am a Visual UX Designer. My specialty is visuals, colors, typography, and layout. 
Pastry, cake, and cookies images can tell the story without words. 
I suggest not using bakery icons and illustrations but using images, photographers. 
 I will use custom-made cake photographs instead of candy web banners and eggs images.
I am a baker. Baking is the art. 
Why do I have to buy pastry from this bakery? 
About Page doesn't have images, photographers of the pie, cake, dessert. No picture of the baker.
Visuals, images, photographers are essential for user experience.
Please check website readability, accessibility, and contrast on the website. It isn't easy to read light orange on white background. It is not a contrast between the two colors. 
You design a website in Squarespace 7.1. You can use powerful tools to create a beautiful professional website. I suggest using sections with different layouts to make the page dynamic. 
I suggest using large CTA buttons. Always review the website on a mobile device, phone before publishing. 

Edited by lstrauss831

If you want your mission to be clear, you could state it right away.  If it's the first thing you see, it will get the point across without much detail. I would put "Meet Our Bakers" and "Bake with Us" right after it and move the pink block down (I don't think it adds much -  except "join" and that isn't a link. The block takes up a lot of the screen.) 

I found the appeal to bakers and buyers simultaneously confusing. Most visitors will be buyers, so make it all about what they want - goodies from a local small-scale baker. "Small-scale" is a little derogatory - "boutique" is a more positive word but it's hackneyed. Interested bakers are more likely to scroll down a bit or hit "contact"  than shoppers are.

Big Kid Bake Sale

Connecting you to our area's best professional home bakers. Explore delicious treats from right around the corner. 

Shop Now