formatting width of content in tablet view

Go to solution Solved by Vigasan,

hello, i was wondering how to adjust the width of content in tablet view - the site looks okay on desktop and mobile, but when i view it on a tablet the formatting is off. i used spacers to center the content on the page, and the content stacks nicely on mobile, but on tablet view it's just too narrow.

specifically, i'm talking about the 'contact&location' page where the contact form and the google maps embed look really bad. i tried some of the custom css codes for removing spacers but it doesn't seem to do the trick, only moves the narrow text to be left aligned, but still narrow so i gave up on that code. what i did do was make the google maps responsive so it resizes nicely on mobile, but i'm not sure why it's not working as well on tablet.

ideally i would like it to look similar to the mobile view where it's using the entire width of the display, but maybe that would be too wide on tablet view so something in between? (so an idea was possibly if the text 'Apartmani Nerium, Lovište 75A, 20269 Lovište, Pelješac, Croatia' would be displayed in one line and then the contact form and the google map the same width as that text?)

site url is: http://holidaynerium.com
password: proba

i attached some screenshots below.

desktop view:

196116650_Snimkazaslona2021-08-28172424.thumb.png.7ace18d5c9e670fe82a9631071598428.png

tablet view - too narrow content (form + map):

2094214405_Snimkazaslona2021-08-28172021.thumb.png.ff345ac46c626bc7f1201e50f222dc3c.png

187814128_Snimkazaslona2021-08-28172054.thumb.png.280e7c29f06c1f56db2952fa40ff710b.png

Edited by nerium
adding info
  • Solution

I personally wouldn't use spacers, you can use CSS to set a max width on your content instead. You can use the following code in DESIGN > CUSTOM CSS to apply to all pages, or wrap it with <style> before and </style> after and put in in specific page headers.

.site-page{
max-width: 1200px;
}

You could also use CSS to hide spacers on tablet but then you'll have to target the .sqs-col-8 and make it 100% width as well.

If an answer I provide helps you, please mark it as the answer so others can easily access it as well.

I'm a Squarespace Authorized TrainerSquarespace Expert, and Circle Member and I've been helping my clients as well as those here in the forum and in various Squarespace groups with custom coding and support for Squarespace websites. I would love to help you in any way I can.

Squarespace PluginsBook Live Help | Squarespace Video Tutorials | Buy Me a Coffee

28 minutes ago, Vigasan said:

I personally wouldn't use spacers, you can use CSS to set a max width on your content instead. You can use the following code in DESIGN > CUSTOM CSS to apply to all pages, or wrap it with <style> before and </style> after and put in in specific page headers.

.site-page{
max-width: 1200px;
}

You could also use CSS to hide spacers on tablet but then you'll have to target the .sqs-col-8 and make it 100% width as well.

thank you - i did this just for the contact&location page and it works great!