Displaying EURO currency symbol AFTER price in Products and Cart pages

Hi everybody,

hope that all community is safe during this period. I’m based in France and work on the redesign of my dad’s website specialized in Piano, accordion business . I’ve got an issue related to currency . Indeed basically Squarespace display price in this format : €1,050.25

and in France legally we’re not using the comma to split thousand . Moreover currency symbol must be display on this way : 1050,25€

Any smart people got some tips or code injection that could support me ...I’m starting to be annoyed to pay 💰 this great solution but can’t be able to launch the website ..:)

thanks a lot and #stayathome

Edited by Cliniquedupiano

We offer the French Euro format (123456.78 €) in our Currency Extension so it's definitely possible on Squarespace with some code!

Can you provide a working link to your site so I can confirm the template and Squarespace version?

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks Paul for your reply, please see details of my website : Version 7.0- family Brine (Clay model) . I don't need a multi-currency because , my market will be only focused in France. i've fixed the issue on the category menu with CSS implementation but when you're going too a product sheet and selecting a specific version of the product ( as a different color ie ) , i'm faced to the following issue

€2.990,00€  and the desire format is 2 990,00€

CURRENT ONE

183572964_Capturedecran2020-04-30a19_19_53.png.b25d780da523e22bd1d7a0853f7da163.png

EXPECTED ONE

937130380_Capturedecran2020-04-30a19_19_42.png.e4e1fa54925bab6a87c532bf5dac57bd.png

Do you think that's could be fixed ? Thanks a lot and #stayhealthy

Aurel.

Edited by Cliniquedupiano
Add files for question's illustration

Can you provide a working link to your site please? If the site is public, I just need the URL. If it's not live, please set a site password and tell us what it is.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Site URL: https://pouvoirgourmet.fr

Hi all,

Im currently building a website for a french business that is based in European Union.

As to obey to European Laws, I need to display the € currency symbol AFTER the price, something like this:

12,50€

And NOT:

€12.50

European laws needs a decimal (not a comma) and the currency symbol to be displayed after the price.

With this code I managed to have it work on product pages but not on the cart page.

/* --   CUSTOM SCRIPT / EUROPEAN CURRENCY / davidmazeau.com   -- */

.native-currency-code-eur .sqs-money-native {    &:before {      content: '€';      display: none;    }    &:after {       content: '€';    }}

/* --   CUSTOM SCRIPT / EUROPEAN CURRENCY / davidmazeau.com   -- */

This is my first website I build for a European business and Im very surprised that this elementary thing is not implemented in Squarespace, but probably its my mistake and I couldnt find a solution for this issue.

Any idea how to comply to European Laws in terms of pricing ?

Thanks,

Dimitri.

1 hour ago, Dimicology said:

As to obey to European Laws, I need to display the € currency symbol AFTER the price

Which EU law are you referring to? Placement of the € symbol varies among EU countries, with no official standards or standardisation across Europe. Each country has their own convention, so whilst many countries typically display the € symbol after the number, in Ireland it is placed before the number. There are also different conventions about thousand separators (comma, decimal point or space) and while number separators (decimal point or comma). For example:

€9,876.54

9 876,54 €

9.876,54 €

A custom JavaScript solution could be built to modify the formatting on product and cart pages, but it won’t be able to modify the checkout page, because Squarespace control this. If that’s an issue, I recommend contacting Squarespace Customer Care

The first thing you will want to check is to make sure that the currency setting is set properly for the site.

Please see Changing your store's currency.

If you use product variants your code will break. Please see the following for a little more detail on why.

Now to possible solutions.

Please see Store Product Detail Price Add Sqs-Money-Native for VariantsNOTE: The previously mentioned code has been deleted as SS made changes that made it obsolete.

This code should maintain your CSS effect when a variant is selected.

The Store Price Change mentioned in the above code can be used to manipulate prices, it's documentation shows several examples.

I'm not aware of Javascript code that manipulates the prices on the cart page. I don't think it would be all that hard. I don't think CSS alone can get the job done.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon
noted obsolete code

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

21 hours ago, paul2009 said:

Which EU law are you referring to? Placement of the € symbol varies among EU countries, with no official standards or standardisation across Europe. Each country has their own convention, so whilst many countries typically display the € symbol after the number, in Ireland it is placed before the number. There are also different conventions about thousand separators (comma, decimal point or space) and while number separators (decimal point or comma). For example:

€9,876.54

9 876,54 €

9.876,54 €

A custom JavaScript solution could be built to modify the formatting on product and cart pages, but it won’t be able to modify the checkout page, because Squarespace control this. If that’s an issue, I recommend contacting Squarespace Customer Care

Hi Paul,

https://publications.europa.eu/code/fr/fr-370303.htm

it is true that its different depending on the country, for France and french language website it is explained in the link above.

I have contacted Squarespace and they told me to post in this forum. Ill retry.

Thanks.

10 hours ago, creedon said:

The first thing you will want to check is to make sure that the currency setting is set properly for the site.

Please see Changing your store's currency.

If you use product variants your code will break. Please see the following for a little more detail on why.

Now to possible solutions.

Please see Store Product Detail Price Add Sqs-Money-Native for Variants.

This code should maintain your CSS effect when a variant is selected.

The Change Store Product Detail Price Text mentioned in the above code can be used to manipulate prices, it's documentation shows several examples.

I'm not aware of Javascript code that manipulates the prices on the cart page. I don't think it would be all that hard. I don't think CSS alone can get the job done.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks Thomas !

I've been using your code and it seems to work well for variants as it keeps displaying the € symbol after the price even if a variant is selected.

This is a nice improvement. Problem subsist in the cart though but I guess Ill leave it like that for now.

Once again thanks for your help, I made a donation via Paypal.

Dimitri.

Edited by Dimicology
On 8/26/2021 at 10:42 PM, Dimicology said:

Problem subsist in the cart though but I guess Ill leave it like that for now.

Please see Cart Prices Sqs-Money-Native Add. NOTE: The previously mentioned code has been deleted as SS made changes that made it obsolete. I basically had the core of the cart problem solved with my other code. I just had to rejigger the code and package it up.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon
noted obsolete code

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 8/27/2021 at 11:21 PM, creedon said:

Please see Cart Prices Sqs-Money-Native Add. I basically had the core of the cart problem solved with my other code. I just had to rejigger the code and package it up.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks Thomas for your code and your help, I highly recommend your expertise to anyone willing to fix this issue.

Guys, just drop Thomas a line and he will be of great help.

D.

• 3 weeks later...

@June312

Did you install Cart Prices Sqs-Money-Native, cited above? If so and it is not working then please post the URL for a product or shop page on your site.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password is not a security breach. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

Please read the documentation at the link provided on how to share a link to your site to understand how it works. A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

We can then take a look at your issue.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/23/2021 at 1:46 AM, creedon said:

I have updated my code cited in my August 26th 2021 post.

I have verified that the code works on v7.0 (Brine, Five, and Montauk templates).

Hi creedon, I'm working on a 7.1 site (still in trial). I used your code (Cart Prices Sqs-Money-Native), but it didn't  seem to have any affect for me. But I am a novice, so I very well could have inputed it incorrectly.

But I was able to move the euro symbol after the price using Dimicolgy's CSS. (though this is only a partial fix) Ultimately I'd like the euro symbol plus the comma and periods switched.

I'd appreciate your help with this!

url: https://daffodil-bugle-6aw5.squarespace.com/

password: moneyproblems2022

@deets87

I am unable to diagnose your issue as I can't seem to find a product that I can add to the cart to do some testing.

Can you point me to one or add one that I can test with?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2022 at 1:51 AM, creedon said:

@deets87

I am unable to diagnose your issue as I can't seem to find a product that I can add to the cart to do some testing.

Can you point me to one or add one that I can test with?

Hi Creedon, sorry that I'm just now answering back. Was expecting to get an email notification after a reply, but it never came. Since this fix won't help me with the very last step (check-out) I've decided to just leave it as is. This way it's formatted the wrong way, but at least its consistent 🙂  > up and running rowac.com for now only in german.