Going back to version 7.0??

Hello everyone,

I have a client who's got an existing SS site that needs to stay live till we get the new site completed here on SS. Client mistakenly purchased the 7.1 version to build the new site, but she actually needs the old 7.0 version to get the exact right template (no time to try and recreate this template with 7.1). How does she do this? How to delete the 7.1 new account, keep the current site up and running, and simultaneously grab a new 7.0 type of account?

Thanks,
Sarah

Edited by sarahthomson

You mention new account. Did the client use a different email address to create the new site?

In SS terms an account is an email address. Within that account you can have multiple sites.

If the client did not use a new email address then their account now has at least two sites within the account. If the new site has been paid for then you'll need to work with SS to see if they can credit/refund the funds for the unneeded site.

In the mean time a v7.0 site can be created by going here.

If there are two accounts (and you don't want to use two accounts) then you'll want to make sure the client is logged into the right one before creating the new site so it gets attached to the right account.

Of course there is nothing wrong with having two SS accounts. It all just depends on how you want to organize your information.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Hi Creedon,

It's all on the same account/admin area. I'm really confused and exasperated with this situation. I need a step by step on how to do this. How does she cancel this second site, the 7.1 version, keep her existing site going for now, and grab a new 7.0 version???
Thanks,
Sarah

How does she cancel this second site, the 7.1 version

Please see Delete your site. If the v7.1 site has been paid for then you'll need to contact Customer Support to work out some form of credit/refund. I can't comment on that part as I've not been through that process. You'll probably want to note the SS built-in site name so you can communicate that to SS if needed.

keep her existing site going for now

As long as you don't delete the v7.0 site and it is paid up then it should keep going.

grab a new 7.0 version

Follow the link in my previous post to create a new v7.0 site.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.