How to add alot of variants to a product? More than 250+

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• hasher22 changed the title to How to add alot of variants to a product? More than 250+
  • Replies 6
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
1 hour ago, hasher22 said:

I make cakes and I need to add variants but I can't add more than 250 variants, is there a plugin or bypass code that can bypass this?

On Squarespace, a product can have up to 250 variant combinations. You cannot change this with code. The only workaround is to create more products that have fewer variations.

The site you've quoted as an example is a WordPress/WooCommerce site, not Squarespace.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

31 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

On Squarespace, a product can have up to 250 variant combinations. You cannot change this with code. The only workaround is to create more products that have fewer variations.

The site you've quoted as an example is a WordPress/WooCommerce site, not Squarespace.

Thanks

This makes it very hard for me to offer custom items to my customers then pay. I don't want them to fill out a form then I have to invoice them, very time consuming and ineffective and not to mention not user friendly....

Is there any plugins or anything to help? Is there any workaround?

• 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Melonmade said:

Did You ever get an answer to this? 

A product cannot have more than 250 variant combinations. Can you explain what you want to be able to do?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 years later...
26 minutes ago, Tony525 said:

it needs to be fixed.

I don't see this changing any time soon. It's been this way for ages.

Please see item seven on the forum guidelines.

Please Contact Customer Support to make a feature request.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.