There a way to move blogs from one SS site to another?

In order to upgrade to 7.1 we created a new site, but there doesn't seem to be anyway to move the blogs over. 

I tried exporting and reimporting to/from a wordpress file but SS errors out on it's own import. 

This is the error I receive

— com.squarespace.v6.business.content.exceptions.InvalidContentItemException: urlId cannot be null: XLF2CRTZWNRFE489K3GY
— com.squarespace.v6.business.content.exceptions.InvalidContentItemException: urlId cannot be null: 6LNDY8XPRN3NBP4FFZFD
— WORDPRESS Import complete. Status: Failed
— The import has failed.
— com.squarespace.v6.business.content.exceptions.InvalidContentItemException: urlId cannot be null: 4F35JJW349CCHYKT3DDY
— com.squarespace.v6.business.content.exceptions.InvalidContentItemException: urlId cannot be null
— Importing data from WORDPRESS.
Edited by Mastro2k
  • Replies 1
  • Views 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Mastro2k said:

In order to upgrade to 7.1 we created a new site, but there doesn't seem to be anyway to move the blogs over. 

Squarespace do not provide a migration tool from 7.0 to 7.1 yet, so if you decide to move platforms you're pretty much on your own. They offer an import/export tool but it's fairly limited in functionality. To quote Squarespace's support article (linked above):

squarespace-import-notice.thumb.png.6c76f111e7bc284c3feecc39c0a5d014.png

There's a great third-party tool that can migrate some content, but you would need to purchase it. See my older post here for details. Alternatively you could hire an experienced Squarespace Expert to migrate data for you. 

About me: I'm Paul. A SQSP User for 18 yrs, I joined Circle when it launched in 2016 and have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing expertise and extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee fuels my work.

Book paid help with a Squarespace Domain