Adding gallery slideshows in sections with text…

Hello,

I am new to Squarespace, very confused about something and wondering if anyone could help me.

I have created a blank page, then added text, a spacer, then a gallery slideshow (is this a gallery block?) into one section.

When I make a new page, I add text, a spacer, but when I click add under spacer (not add section), the option of a gallery is not available. I do not understand how I have done it before, but now I cannot. I even can't add another slideshow under the slideshow I already have too.

What is going on here? I can't remember how I achieved it in the first place?

Lee.

Screenshot 2021-08-19 at 19.59.39.png

Screenshot 2021-08-19 at 20.01.16.png

• Replies 3
  • Views 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It sounds like you may have worked with v7.0 sites in the past and are now working with a v7.1 site. v7.1 site do not support gallery blocks at this time.

Go to Home > Help. Scroll to the bottom of the panel. What version of SS are you using?

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

This is my first time using Squarespace. Joined roughly 3 weeks ago and I started with a 7.1 template.

It says Squarespace 7.1 at the bottom of the help panel.

Very strange how I managed to get a gallery block working on this version. My only workaround is to duplicate the page I have the gallery block working on.

5 hours ago, Lee07 said:

Very strange how I managed to get a gallery block working on this version. My only workaround is to duplicate the page I have the gallery block working on.

Ah. SS had unintentional releases of gallery blocks on v7.1. Keeping in mind that SS does not officially support the use of gallery blocks on v7.1 you may want to avoid using them. Some folks have had issues with them, mostly formatting I think.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.