How to connect your Squarespace eCommerce website to the Pinterest Verified Merchant Program

Site URL: https://andreali.com/news-blog/2020/6/4/how-to-connect-your-squarespace-ecommerce-website-to-pinterest-verified-merchant-program

The Pinterest platform recently announced the opportunity for creators and sellers to become verified merchants on their site. As a verified merchant, your Pinterest account would display within your profile page a checkmark, a’la Twitter’s verified badge. Additionally, your account would be able to post Shoppable Pins to the platform. Those are some great benefits (see here) to obtain from the Pinterest platform - so I worked with my team to create this guide for myself and others, sharing how we were able to achieve Verified Merchant status on Pinterest using my Squarespace eCommerce website. (One quick note - at the time of this writing, you must be a US based merchant to become Verified.)

Because Squarespace is not as supported with Pinterest as Shopify (they provide an third-party app to handle all the technical integration to Pinterest) my team and I had to figure out our own way to make this happen. 

Details of our findings as well as the code snippets to copy and paste are all outlined in my blog post with the provided URL above.

Blog Post Covers.png

• 1 month later...
  • Jo_SQSP featured this topic
  • 8 months later...

Hi Andrea,

I saw your post on your website and this post here. First off, thanks for putting together the comprehensive guide on this.

Are you aware of how I might engage this exact same process on SQSP 7.1?

I noticed on the comments in your website that you were aware there's potential that the Squarespace team incorporated the necessary adjustments to integrate those Pinterest tracking features. Do you happen to have any updates there?

Thanks!

Will

• 3 weeks later...

Site URL: https://www.collective131.com

I am trying to become a Pinterest Verified Merchant, and have so far uploaded my Sqsp product data feed to it (I just used the Facebook/Instagram that Squarespace gives you). 

But Pinterest says that products are missing the Google_product_category - which hinders using all of the features. Does anyone know how to add Google product IDs/categories?

Hope that makes sense!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Site URL: http://kdigitalstudio.com/shop

The lack of support for digital products on Squarespace is frustrating compared to other website platforms, especially with the growing community of digital sellers. That being said, I prefer using the Squarespace interface, etc. 

Are there any workarounds people have found to download a CSV of digital products (I know this is not possible traditionally)? There are similar digital sellers to me that are verified merchant on Pinterest, albeit likely using another platform to sell their digital products than Squarespace. 

This is the blog I was referring to when attempting to apply for the verified merchant program on Pinterest: https://andreali.com/news-blog/2020/6/4/how-to-connect-your-squarespace-ecommerce-website-to-pinterest-verified-merchant-program but obviously ran into issues since Squarespace won't let you export digital products.

Is there anything I can do, or is the another program I am unable to participate in due to the limitations/lack of support for digital sellers on Squarespace? 😞

• 5 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, clarabua said:

This is great, was making my way through until 'The tradeoff of turning on developer mode is that once you activate it, you won’t get template updates anymore. ' ... this scared me 🤣

Indeed. I don't recommend that anyone enables Developer Mode unless they are a Developer.

Note also that Squarespace 7.1 doesn't have a Developer Mode.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to figure out the same thing! It's so frustrating isn't it! My site is on version 7.1 so i cant turn on dveeloper mode to do it like it says to on that blog. Have you figured it out yet?

I am also trying to figure out how i can become verified merchant on pinterest using the csv file. Its so frustrating why squarespace seems to be the only platform you cant do this with. Has anyone figured out a work around yet? the blogs i am reading requires you to be on version 7 to turn on developer mode to do it but I am on version 7.1 so cant. 

33 minutes ago, LeahU said:

Any idea as to how i can become Pinterest Verified Merchant when i have version 7.1?

As I mentioned above, Squarespace 7.1 doesn't have a Developer Mode.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• paul2009 unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Any updates here on how to create the data source for digital products to upload to Pinterest? Chatted with SS support and they said they don't have guides/resources for that and to check the forum. Hmm...their tutorial for exporting physical products is cut and dry, but then for creating your own file with data...where do you even get that data?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Wanted to jump in and here and provide a resource to anyone struggling with this. I hired a developer to help me get my tag set up properly for verified merchant status and for my ads and he was able to get my tags set up via google tag manager and my site without going into developer mode. He said I could share his info here for anyone who needs help: george.dilthey@gmail.com

I had already created my product catalog for my digital products (my VA did, if anyone needs help creating theirs, let me know!) but then could never get the tags to fire properly so my verified merchant status fell off. 

He showed me what he did and walked me through it, but it was pretty technical so I wasn't 100% following--he essentially set everything up in google tag manager and then wrote code to make sure it pulled all the info it needed for each purchase/add to cart. My tag showed healthy for all info in no time and now my status is back. 

I found him on Upwork and he was very professional and great to work with. If anyone needs help with their pinterest + squarespace tags for VMS or ads, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Save yourself the hours and hours of searching online and trying to diy it. 

His name is George and his email:

george.dilthey@gmail.com

• 5 months later...