Not Saving New Content

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Ok, so right now, on a specific page, whatever I edit disappears the moment I save and refresh. I've now done the same edit 5 times, cleared my cache, logged out and back in, refreshed the page, etc. Nothing works. The page keeps reverting to the old text as if my changes never happened.  What the heck to do I do at this point?  I can handle most of the quirks in Squarespace (like not letting me add new content at times unless I refresh), the random page reboot for no reason while I'm in the midst of making changes, etc., but losing my new content 5 times is nearly beyond the line in IMO.  Any suggestions?    

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same issue here, seems to be an ongoing one. I removed some text from my website last week to align images, applied the changes, saved them, done editing, refreshed my browser (Google Chrome) and double checked off of Squarespace the updates were made publicly--confirmed edits were removed, it all worked just fine.

One week later the old text is back, refreshed my browser and went into SS editor and yes the old text made its way back, my images are misaligned again. I just made the edits again and the revisions are saved back to how they are supposed to be. I will check again in one week. I'm the only one with access to make edits to the website, I don't feel it's a browser, refresh, or cache issue on my end, however, I'm willing to try new things that work better. If this happens again I'm going to try downloading Firefox as I've researched and found the Squarespace platform may process HTML and javascript site requirements better on FF than other browsers.

Same issue here, the [done/save] function doesn't work, clearly a major bug. I did a lot of edits last week and everything was dismissed. Tried again today, still the same issue, clear that they shipped the solution before thinking and testing it enough, so full of bugs.

The cost of beta-releases like this will not only be big for us as users, but for brand reputation, more and more issues like this make me think twice about promoting the service for clients... 

Hope this will be sorted as soon as possible.
I was hoping to find a [save] shortcut since the button is broken. 

Squarespace is not letting me save...I did everything such as cleaning the cache. Its been like this since I started my trial.  This is very concerning and a big issue. I have done a lot of changes and by the time I want to save the SAVE button is not working. Its been very unproductive working this way.  It will take me the entire day going back and forth guessing if I can or can't save.

When something isn't working as expected, please contact Squarespace Customer Care directly. 

Forum users would love to help but we are unable to help you with technical issues. Squarespace employees do not routinely monitor this forum or respond to requests for support in this way (see item 6 of the forum guidelines).

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Are people still having this issue? Has anyone found a workaround? I am experiencing it today for the first time and it's incredibly frustrating. The Done dropdown just doesn't work to expand and show Save, so to exit the page I have to refresh or close, losing all changes. I'm using Chrome and have done all of the troubleshooting recommendations. Seems to work with Safari, but I would love to continue using Chrome.

While I know these comments may not be monitored, when chatting with Support, they were grateful that I referenced this thread to see others with the same issue.

• Solution
1 hour ago, georgie_f said:

Added to this I am trying to contact Squarespace as advised by the 'Circle Member' above but it's quite hard to actually contact anyone. 

If you are having difficulties contacting Customer Care then I recommend you:

1. Visit Contact Us using a private or incognito window. You can usually do this by right-clicking the link provided.
  2. When prompted to login, choose 'I DON’T HAVE AN ACCOUNT' (even though you do).
  3. Choose the options that most closely match your situation then scroll down to 'LIVE CHAT'.
  4. Starting typing your question.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

For others experiencing the issue where the Save button doesn't dropdown after making edits, my husband and I were both experiencing this with various different sites on separate computers and boiled it down to a conflict with using our Wacom tablets (instead of mouse or trackpad) to operate Squarespace in Chrome or Firefox. Save button does not appear when using tablet, but Save button functions normally while using trackpad. Driver update didn't work, not sure what the solution is now but hope this helps someone else avoid wasting tens of hours like I have!

@michiel @georgie_f @Spacedog @MYC @sylte  Are any of you editing on a Wacom tablet?

Edited by melmotz
On 9/20/2022 at 2:13 AM, melmotz said:

For others experiencing the issue where the Save button doesn't dropdown after making edits, my husband and I were both experiencing this with various different sites on separate computers and boiled it down to a conflict with using our Wacom tablets (instead of mouse or trackpad) to operate Squarespace in Chrome or Firefox. Save button does not appear when using tablet, but Save button functions normally while using trackpad. Driver update didn't work, not sure what the solution is now but hope this helps someone else avoid wasting tens of hours like I have!

@michiel @georgie_f @Spacedog @MYC @sylte  Are any of you editing on a Wacom tablet?

So glad I found this thread - thought I was going mad!

I can make edits in existing websites I have, but I'm working on a new one and the changes just won't save. Saw your comment about the Wacom tablet, so I've tried to update the drivers and it quits on me at 99%... I've disconnected the tablet and now all working fine!

Going to give live chat a try, see how I get on. If I have any updates I'll report back!

1 hour ago, lh-cl-2021 said:

So glad I found this thread - thought I was going mad!

I can make edits in existing websites I have, but I'm working on a new one and the changes just won't save. Saw your comment about the Wacom tablet, so I've tried to update the drivers and it quits on me at 99%... I've disconnected the tablet and now all working fine!

Going to give live chat a try, see how I get on. If I have any updates I'll report back!

@lh-cl-2021 It is so frustrating! Mine won’t work on any websites in my account, and my husband is experiencing the same thing—different computer, account and websites but also using Wacom Intuos. Updating the driver didn’t work for us. Spent an hour on the phone with Wacom yesterday testing different fixes including editing Privacy> Accessibility settings, but nothing helped.

Squarespace says this is along the lines of issues they’re seeing with some touchscreens and are working on a fix, but it’s impossible to get any more info. Will keep you posted with any updates!

In the meantime, safari or unplugging tablet works.

Edited by melmotz
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, same problem, I spent two days working on the Kevin Mastuya theme, it saved until 10 min ago, then it stopped responding. As I refreshed I lost all the updates including the saved ones. Is this because I am working on a 'copy' version during trial or is it Squarespace this unstable?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I LOST two days of work because Squarespace wouldn't save my blog post. How can I retrieve it?? I saved it during the time I was doing the post. But it wouldn't save at all when I went to save the final time. And now, it shows as if I never saved anything for the last half day.

This is beyond infuriating.

• 8 months later...

I contacted customer care live chat but all i got was,
1. Let the browser (hopefully) do its job and see if the changes stick.
2. Refresh and add the edits anew, saving more frequently after each change.

so i guess it's my fault for not smashing that save button after each edit like adobe made me do ten years ago.

TLDR: if this happens to you, you're SOL, and you need to start over, but be better next time.

• 3 weeks later...