What is your formula for creating appealing content?

We’re all creating content daily –whether it be through social media posts, forum interactions, voice notes, and blog posts; content is a great tool to reach out to your audience in relatable and useful ways. However, not all content is created equal and, more importantly, not all content serves a purpose. According to Quicksprout, having a clear content strategy and specific benchmarks for success –like increases in traffic, conversions, mentions, likes, or sales– can be a great tool to reach your business goals, create brand awareness, and offer something of value to your readers or prospective customers. In order to create engaging content, they recommend the following: 

• Create content that is unique and unmistakably yours. 
  • Don’t skimp on your content marketing budget. 
  • Create actionable content. 
  • Use the power of storytelling to your advantage.
  • Create eye-catching headlines.

Writing this type of content isn’t easy and, more often than not, it requires market research and a trial and error approach in order to figure out which type of content and strategies work for you. 

Do you have any tips on how you create appealing headlines and content for your site? Share in the comments below! 

• 1 month later...

Creating content is a lot of work! Before getting started it is well worth it to take a bit of time to consider your content goals. 

Before creating content I find it is valuable to try and answer these questions: 

1) Is this piece of content for someone who may be learning about my services for the first time, or someone who is familiar but may need a bit more information before making a decision? 

2) Who am I communicating with? What are my buyer personas? 

3) Based on what I know about my audience or potential audience, what kind of content will they engage with or find valuable? What kind of creative would appeal to them? 

4) What channels are the best to reach my audience? 

5) What is my call to action? 

6) Do I have measurement in place so I can tell what is working and what isn't?  

I wrote a blog post breaking down this process in more detail - https://tinycoastdigital.com/insights/content-marketing-101

Thanks 😊