Unlimited dynamic blog content / blog-categories site structure

Go to solution Solved by derricksrandomviews,

Hello!

I'm building an online zine which has 4 main categories. 

Currently wondering what the best way to structure it might be. I would like for each category to have its own landing page so I thought about making each category its own blog. The issue, however, is that if each category has its own blog then I can't mix content from each one (i.e. a summary block located in the home with the latest articles [regardless of category]).

The other alternative was to have ONE blog and create regular pages for each category using summary blocks. The issue here is that they are limited to 30 items, so once there are more than 30 the page will become sort of useless.

Is there any way around these issues or do I have to choose between the lesser evil?

Thank you! 

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

There is a workaround for 30 posts per page. Take a look at my blog with its drop down menu (soul stories has more than 30 posts in the cat) see if it fits your need, let me know, and then I can tell you how it is done. 

my random views just click on blog. 

This single page has 63 posts: https://myrandomviews.com/blogsummary/soulstories

Edited by derricksrandomviews