When viewing product details, it DOES NOT show available quantity and the SKU info.

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

When viewing product details, it DOES NOT show available quantity and the SKU info.   Not in thumbnail mode (qty) or detail view (qty and sku)
  When I worked on a previous SquareSpace page (7.0) it showed such information.  But on this current page and style (7.1) I get nothing.   There is an SKU and qty typed in, but it'll be very handy to actually show this to customers and ourselves so we know what they are talking about if the customer asks.

Is this a 7.1 thing or am I missing something?   In 7.0, at least the qty option was in Site Styles (odd place - it should be global products).  It's a standard business plan.  I don't recall what the other old one was, but I think it too was business.

I did add a 3rd party mode to both of these, which add a function to the products page.  This was also done for the previous site without issues.

Confused.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, T-Guy said:

When viewing product details, it DOES NOT show available quantity and the SKU info.   Not in thumbnail mode (qty) or detail view (qty and sku)
  When I worked on a previous SquareSpace page (7.0) it showed such information.

Squarespace doesn’t show either of these by default. Low stock levels can be communicated by enabling Limited Availability Labels.

The SKU is not normally exposed to the customer but you could add this to the Product Detail Page (PDP) by typing it into the product description, or someone could write some JavaScript to insert this information into the page automatically. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Ah, I see now.  I reviewed the old project, I see that I typed in the "sku #" manually.

But there is an apparent change from 7.0 > 7.1 which they removed the option to show an available quantity or the toggle for that is hidden somewhere.   What I found online points to settings option that I don't see with 7.1.   It's kind of like it, but no options.  😞

• Solution
2 hours ago, T-Guy said:

there is an apparent change from 7.0 > 7.1 which they removed the option to show an available quantity

If you cannot find the Limited Availability Labels settings, I recommend you contact Customer Care directly. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I see the Limited Availability setting.  That's it?   When I googled how to show the qty, it showed a different location and that threw me off.  (The SS knowledgeable wasn't helpful in this area)

I see that it's a upgrade option for commerce vs. business.     So I checked on the other site and see that it's a commerce plan for that friend.

The terminology that SSpace uses is confusing.  It makes it seem that it won't show anything unless it's a low qty.   The "upgrade requirement" should be another level deep, allowing users to see the options but can't activate without the upgraded plan.  *sigh*

Thanks, you've helped me out on this confusing situation that a few words from SS would have cleared up in seconds.