Event Summary Show Read More Link

Markus12

Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

because you need to create new elements, do it with javascript (requires business/premium)

• add a code block on the page with your event summary and write a script in it (you could also inject a script into the header using the pages Settings > Advanced, but it would be in the head so you have to wait for the page to be rendered)
  • locate the event summary blocks you want using a selector by class name (find the classes by inspecting the source). loop over them.
  • retrieve the link to the event from the summary title
  • create a link element, set the href to the link you just got, insert it into the DOM wherever you want it

no business/premium? add it manually, or use CSS to add in an ::after pseudo element to write the words "Read More" in, then find an existing link (e.g. the title) add in a pseudo element to that too and then stretch it over the entire summary item using absolute positioning (in the same way that bootstrap does a stretch link for example)

Should be enough to get you started.

Cheers

Dave Hart. Software/Technology Consultant living in London

On 8/9/2021 at 2:06 AM, Markus12 said:

Hi there,

is it possible to add a "Read More" to summaries showing events that directs you to the event's detail page? For blog summaries, Squarespace offers that capability.

Best,

Markus

Hi. Yes. 

You can add a read more text link in Excerpt?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

On 8/11/2021 at 1:21 PM, Markus12 said:

@tuanphan Yes, I could. But I don't want to do it manually. It should be automatically there as in case of a blog. 

Can you share link to page page where you added Event Summary?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care