Would love your feedback on my Website!

Good job @KateBatson!😀

Here are some feedback:

1. The homepage heading is great. I think dog owners resonate well with it.
  2. Make the overlay less transprent for the homepage background image. The text is hard to read right now.
  3. The images in the shop look very nice and inviting.

Good luck with the business!

- Rasmus Myhrberg, Founder of Spark Plugin

Spark Plugin – The Ultimate Design Toolkit for Squarespace

On 8/8/2021 at 7:55 AM, KateBatson said:

Would love your feedback on my Website!

1. Fix the colours on the cart page. Something is amiss with font colour selections, making it almost impossible to navigate the cart stage (see below). This could be a setup issue (fixable within the settings) or it could be a bug. Although you could fix this with CSS, I don't recommend this approach because you shouldn't need unnecessary CSS to fix something that should work "out of the box". A chat with Customer Care should resolve this issue for you fairly quickly.

kate-cart-page.thumb.png.ea5ff897020919d6abae1a83da7c35d9.png

2. Consider the positioning/height of your header. It is tall (blank space above the logo) and therefore pushes important content below "the fold". For example the headline text/button on the homepage are cut-off (below), and the checkout button on the cart page (above).

kate-homepage.thumb.png.0a9d5b14b94a126c18a84e0e084932c8.png

3. As @Spark_plugin mentioned, consider changing the banner image overlay to improve readability of the text. This will be a particular problem for visitors who have any kind of visual impairment. 

kate-header-banner-images.thumb.png.137375327ab985dc8ba64a2f0d3d3515.png

4. I couldn't find any formal business details. As trust will influence a consumer's decision to buy your product, consider adding:

• A privacy statement/policy explaining how you look after their personal data.
  • A returns/refund/cancellation policy, including details of any cooling off rights they may or may not have.
  • details of delivery arrangements/timelines prior to the checkout. Shipping can be a nightmare for merchants and customers but setting expectations can prevent a shock at the checkout, when an order for a $10 product often becomes a ~$20 order. 

These may also be legal requirements under Australian Consumer Law, but I'm not an expert on law, so this isn't legal advice 🙂.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.