Couldn’t update collection Unable to update category

I had a nice breadcrumb navigation with numerous categories working well. Deleted the categories to rework them. I added a couple new categories and now I can't enable them. Under each category the enable toggle is disabled. when I try to save anything I get the error "Couldn’t update collection Unable to update category".

any clue what is going on?

• 3 months later...

Well, I got the standard "we can't help with this" message from support. Looks like they have no idea how to repair a damaged blog collection:

It looks like the CSS may be what is causing the issue. We do not offer support for custom code as it is outside our scope of support, however, we do have resources you can refer to with coding questions and issues.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Experiencing this when attempting to update page header code injection in products page.

*Update* Although I get this message, and the option out is to 'discard my changes', those changes ARE showing up when I re-enter the settings/options, even though I was forced to discard. For ex- changes to SEO Description or Code Injection. If it doesn't work after changing one factor, try making your main change, then making some other insignificant change, then backing out via "discard".

Edited by iPhoneIntact

Hi. I'm Michael. I run iPhoneIntact - Raleigh’s most experienced mobile iPhone/iPad repair service. That's enough for now.

• 1 year later...