Problem with custom code

Site URL: http://brightbarboston.com

Hey! I purchased a code from insdie the square and when I add it to squarespace it looks very messed up. Any help to make the following code look more like the picture I attached?

.sqs-block-button-element{position: absolute; left: 50%; top: 50%;  transform: translateX(-50%) translateY(-50%); background:  #fff!important; width: 100px;padding: 20px 30px; border-radius:  0px!important; border: 5px solid #4ac0ee!important; color:  #4ac0ee!important; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase;  text-align:center; z-index: 2; @include transition(all .15s .15s  ease-out); &:after, &:before { position: absolute; width: 100%; max-width: 100%; top: 100%; left: 0; bottom: -10px; content: '';  z-index: 1; @include transition(all .15s .15s ease-out);} &:before {background: #4ac0ee; top: 10px; left: -15px; height: 100%; width: 15px;} &:after { width:100%; background: #4ac0ee; right: 0px; left: -15px; height: 15px; } &:hover {background: #4ac0ee; color: #fff; margin-left: -7.5px; margin-bottom: -7.5px; &:after,&:before {top: 100%; left: 0; bottom: 0px;} &:before {top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 0px;}&:after {right: 0px; left: 0px;height: 0px;}}}

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 07.10.35.png

38 minutes ago, brightbarboston said:

I purchased a code from inside the square and when I add it to squarespace it looks very messed up.

As a first step, I recommend you contact the author @inside_the_square.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks for tagging me @paul2009 🙂 @brightbarboston there are some troubleshooting tips in the PDF (page 58 I think?) about copy and pasting out that PDF but you can always email me too! Send a link to support@insidethesquare.co so we can see what is going on. You might be targeting a different button type or have an extra formatting character in there. Please email me so I can help! ❤️

🤓 Creator of InsideTheSquare.co
SQUARESPACE CIRCLE LEADER SQUARESPACE EXPERT SQUARESPACE EMPLOYEE EDUCATOR CERTIFIED CUSTOM CODE EXPERT

🗺️ New to Squarespace? Get your free roadmap: insidethesquare.co/roadmap
🙋‍♀️ New to CSS? Learn the basics for free: insidethesquare.co/learn
️ Ready to go pro? Get my custom code collection: insidethesquare.co/css

BeccaHarpain.gif.236d6ddd88c7d637645b762799f501a8.gif

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 3:32 PM, brightbarboston said:

Havent heard back-anyone have any other thoughts on how to fix this button? It's driving me crazy!

Can you share link to page where you use button? We can take a look

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)