Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

How to deduct shipping cost for in-store pickup?

VJO
Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://fancythatinglewood.com.au

Hello,

All items in my shop will include the Standard Post cost (by weight) in their price (in Australia only) however I also want to add an In-Store pickup option.

to be fair onto the customers I wanted to deduct the shipping cost by weight at checkout if they clicked the pickup in store option, so they don’t pay for Standard Post that they don’t need. 
i cannot enter a negative amount for the ‘depending by weight’ option! Any way around that? 
Best,

VJO

The way we handle this is to offer different shipping options. So you can have your shipping by weight option you currently have. Now add a 2nd option for "in store pick up" with 0 cost. So they don't deduct shipping, you just don't add it on.
You may want to restrict it to local postal codes only.

Note: SS puts the lowest cost option first, so users who click fast will check in store when they do not really want in store.  This means you may have to follow through with those purchases to see if that was what they intended.  I'm finding about 1/3 of the folks who click local pick up from us didn't really want it and so now we need to add a "purchase shipping" option so I can ship to them.

• 1 month later...

Hey thank you for your reply. For some reason I completely missed it sorry...

I have now added a pick up in store option but I can only restrict to my country, not by state or postcodes? how do you do it?

best regards, VJO

On 8/3/2021 at 11:31 PM, Hawker said:

The way we handle this is to offer different shipping options. So you can have your shipping by weight option you currently have. Now add a 2nd option for "in store pick up" with 0 cost. So they don't deduct shipping, you just don't add it on.
You may want to restrict it to local postal codes only.

Note: SS puts the lowest cost option first, so users who click fast will check in store when they do not really want in store.  This means you may have to follow through with those purchases to see if that was what they intended.  I'm finding about 1/3 of the folks who click local pick up from us didn't really want it and so now we need to add a "purchase shipping" option so I can ship to them.

Well I have just noticed SQSP just added a built in pick up option!

• Susana_SQSP changed the title to How to deduct shipping cost for in-store pickup?
  • Solution

There's now a specific store pickup option, so you don't need to add a delivery option called pickup. Pickup options aren't selected by default, so you won't face the issue of a user accidentally defaulting to the free pickup option.

pickup-option.gif.2dbb4779b3250bfbe6cfec512f76f6c8.gif

For more information, see: Local pickup.

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.