Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Aspect ratio of product images in the Store Page (MOBILE AND DESKTOP)

adrianrydz

Question

Site URL: https://adrianrydz.squarespace.com/shop

I have one of the last main problems to fix before publishing my page. I would like to have all my product images in original aspect ratio in my store page (MOBILE AND DESKTOP). I would like to offer some prints in landscape orientation, and others in portrait orientation without cropping.

I am aware of creating Product Blocks to create a custom online store layout with product blogs on a different page, and then hiding the Store Page by moving it to the not linked section of the Pages panel. And honestly so I did, however I am not happy with custom online store layout, so I would rather stay with ORGINAL STORE PAGE.

May I ask anyone to help me to fix this problem...

PASSWORD... yumichan

Edited by adrianrydz

2 answers to this question

50 minutes ago, adrianrydz said:

Site URL: https://adrianrydz.squarespace.com/shop

I have one of the last main problems to fix before publishing my mage. I would like to have all my product images in original aspect ratio in my store page (MOBILE AND DESKTOP). I would like to offer some prints in landscape orientation, and others in portrait orientation without cropping.

I am aware of creating Product Blocks to create a custom online store layout with product blogs on a different page, and then hiding the Store Page by moving it to the not linked section of the Pages panel. And honestly so I did, however I am not happy with custom online store layout, so I would rather stay with ORGINAL STORE PAGE.

May I ask anyone to help me to fix this problem...

PASSWORD... yumichan

try

.products.collection-content-wrapper .grid-item .grid-image-cover {
    width: auto !important;
    height: 100% !important;
    top: 50%;
    left: 50%;
    transform: translate(-50%, -50%);
}

image.thumb.png.b723a23a2a31cf4b828b3957cb6324f9.png

Greeting, it's BaNgan from BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Portfolio hover Replace Link Style
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Thank you for taking time to look at it! Yes, it solved a problem of aspect ratio, however it leaves so much space around portrait orientation photos. Is it any chance to fix it, or should I again go back to a custom online store layout with product blogs on a different page?

217390397_186296016865144_2386732309798918115_n.png