Increasing image size in Lightbox, allowing image to magnify close to the edge of browser

Hi, I have a series of images I want to display as big as possible when they go into lightbox mode. The problem is that lightbox has this black padding/margin that prevents the images from being brought right up to the edge of the browser window. Is there a custom code I can use to reduce that margin to get it as close to the edge of the browser as possible? 

I include a screenshot of one of my images in lightbox and the pink outline is how big I would like the image to be, magnified so that it comes very close to the edge of the browser. 

if this isn't possible then is it possible to somehow get the image to magnify all the way to 1:1 to act like a loupe so you can see all fine details of the image?

Thanks for any help on this guys

Screenshot 2021-07-23 012421.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Views 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Celisian said:

Hi, I have a series of images I want to display as big as possible when they go into lightbox mode. The problem is that lightbox has this black padding/margin that prevents the images from being brought right up to the edge of the browser window. Is there a custom code I can use to reduce that margin to get it as close to the edge of the browser as possible? 

I include a screenshot of one of my images in lightbox and the pink outline is how big I would like the image to be, magnified so that it comes very close to the edge of the browser. 

if this isn't possible then is it possible to somehow get the image to magnify all the way to 1:1 to act like a loupe so you can see all fine details of the image?

Thanks for any help on this guys

Screenshot 2021-07-23 012421.jpg

What is your current site url

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

8 hours ago, Celisian said:

www.celisian.com

Create site wide password so we can check

Site-wide passwords – Squarespace Help

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

11 hours ago, bangank36 said:

Create site wide password so we can check

Site-wide passwords – Squarespace Help

12 hours ago, tuanphan said:

What is access password?

Sorry guys, I forgot I had a site wide password applied. I have removed the password lock. The website is not done, currently it's just this page, but it shows the images I want to make bigger when they go in to lightbox mode. Thanks for taking a look. 

https://www.celisian.com/

Edited by Celisian
5 hours ago, Celisian said:

Sorry guys, I forgot I had a site wide password applied. I have removed the password lock. The website is not done, currently it's just this page, but it shows the images I want to make bigger when they go in to lightbox mode. Thanks for taking a look. 

https://www.celisian.com/

try

.gallery-lightbox {
  padding: 0;
}

image.thumb.png.dab80f1e23e458395e344ac148d89028.png

Hi @bangank36  I tried that Custom CSS and it worked perfectly! It did just what I wanted it to do. Thanks so much for sharing that with me. Your quick code was the solution to a problem I was trying to fix on my own for days. hehe. Much appreciated! 

Edited by Celisian