Limit number of projects on mi main page

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

Site URL: http://davidzamorano.tv/

Hi!

I was just wondering if it's possible to customise and add a limited number of projects to my main site page (let's say 8 ) and be able to also have a "view more projects" button that displays the rest of the projects. I'm using Foster template.

I have too many projects on my main site/portfolio and I just wanted to organize the user experience a bit. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for your time and help,

David

Hi Tuanphan, thanks for asking.

Kind of. The help center recommended the summary gallery which made sense. But I'm now struggling because I need the links to open on new windows. As I couldn't find the option to do that, I went for a grid wall which opens links on a new window but the whole function and design is not what I'm looking for. (please check davidzamorano.tv/about + the highlights photos at the bottom.  

Is there's any way of using the summary gallery + the carrousel option (see attached) and be able to open the links on a new window? That would be absolutely great! Btw I'm using Foster Template.

Thanks again, David

Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 16.17.12.png

Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 16.16.52.png

15 hours ago, dzamorano said:

Hi Tuanphan, thanks for asking.

Kind of. The help center recommended the summary gallery which made sense. But I'm now struggling because I need the links to open on new windows. As I couldn't find the option to do that, I went for a grid wall which opens links on a new window but the whole function and design is not what I'm looking for. (please check davidzamorano.tv/about + the highlights photos at the bottom.  

Is there's any way of using the summary gallery + the carrousel option (see attached) and be able to open the links on a new window? That would be absolutely great! Btw I'm using Foster Template.

Thanks again, David

Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 16.17.12.png

Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 16.16.52.png

Hi,

Is there's any way of using the summary gallery + the carrousel option (see attached) and be able to open the links on a new window? 

You can add it, then we will check to see if can use code to make links open on a new window

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

23 hours ago, dzamorano said:

Hi,

Done. I also added/repeated another image to make the carrousel work. Thanks!

You mean section under this text?

Hi there! I’m David. I help brands and projects tell their stories and find clarity on their messages through ideas, design, illustration and animation. How can I help with your project? Let’s talk!

Add this to Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > Footer

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
	$('a.Index-gallery-item-image').attr('target','_blank');
});
</script>

If you added script sticky code, remove <script src="https....."></script> in this code

Or send to forum message

Thanks for the info. I added the code on the indicated place, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but nothing is happening.

What I'm trying to do is open each link from the galley/carrousel on a new page. Please see image attached. Thanks!

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 15.46.08.png

• Solution

I thought you want apply items on homepage

With about page, use this new code

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
	$('body#collection-5fbad64dcc1e33251b6eaaba .summary-item a').attr('target','_blank');
});
</script>

Or send to forum message