How to preview member area of site still in trial

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Putting together a website – still in trial – with a member area. Previewing the site via its Squarespace development URL and clicking the link to the membership area takes my client to to a Join/Sign in page. Clicking either of those pops up a box: 

MEMBERSHIPS IS CLOSED
Memberships for this site is closed. Contact the site owner for access.
DISMISS

Is there any way for the client to preview the membership pages via the development URL? 
  • Solution
3 hours ago, mattermedia said:

Clicking the link to the membership area takes my client to to a Join/Sign in page. Is there any way for the client to preview the membership pages via the development URL? 

Unfortunately this is one of the two very frustrating limitations of the Member Areas product. It makes it so difficult to agree the workflow with clients because they cannot preview the onboarding process or setup a member area account/subscription until they've committed to purchase Member Areas.

However if you make your client a contributor, they will be able to view the member area page content, even though they cannot test the onboarding or the Member Areas account features.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @paul2009. Settled for dragging the pages out of the Member area into Unlinked pages, and explaining they'd be behind a Sign-in page. Trial site is password-protected anyhoo.

On this, wondering if Squarespace Member area supports non-password access, ie provide email address and tick declaration box, once. Content doesn't rate that much security and audience won't appreciate the extra password.

• 1 year later...

I came upon this -- trying to find a way to preview the member area and the user experience -- without literally having to buy my own membership, but alas, there isn't a way.  I am dumfounded and shocked since 2 years have passed and this isn't integrated.  

But then again, you can't even have the same content in multiple membership tiers either, you can't copy it over, you have to literally make new pages or use Memberspace plugin for additional money.  Pretty cray.  

• 7 months later...
On 7/29/2021 at 11:01 PM, gregaitch said:

Thanks @paul2009. Settled for dragging the pages out of the Member area into Unlinked pages, and explaining they'd be behind a Sign-in page. Trial site is password-protected anyhoo.

On this, wondering if Squarespace Member area supports non-password access, ie provide email address and tick declaration box, once. Content doesn't rate that much security and audience won't appreciate the extra password.

Thanks guys, it's 2024 and this preview aspect is still an issue. Lol I appreciate the tip on moving them out of the preview area too. I duplicated it so I keep a copy in the member area.