• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, USCThetaTau said:

Site URL: https://www.uscthetatau.org/meet-us-alum

Hi there,

I was wondering if there was a way to specify which blog posts the "Read more" link pops up on? 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

you can link the blog title to external page instead

Linking a blog post title to another page – Squarespace Help

Greeting, it's BaNgan from BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Portfolio hover Replace Link Style
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

13 hours ago, IgnitePerth said:

Can you expand on your question?  Do you wish to hide/display read more on specific people in that page or just change it for that whole page?

I'd want to hide/display read more optionally. It wouldn't be changed for the whole page, only specific individual people, if that is more clear. Thank you both again!

@USCThetaTau You want to hide read more on specific items on Meet us page?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

You can use the nth-child selector to specify which of the items you wish to hide the read more link for:

The below code uses that Page's Collection ID to only apply this on that page, then finds every summary item in the brackets and applies display:none to the read more link.

#collection-5b74d2618a922db16ab6c7cc .summary-item:nth-child(3) .summary-read-more-link{ 
	 				display:none;
}

This will hide the 3rd item's read more link.  To hide more you will need the same selector with a different number in the brackets and separate them via a comma, eg:

#collection-5b74d2618a922db16ab6c7cc .summary-item:nth-child(3) .summary-read-more-link,
#collection-5b74d2618a922db16ab6c7cc .summary-item:nth-child(4) .summary-read-more-link,
#collection-5b74d2618a922db16ab6c7cc .summary-item:nth-child(8) .summary-read-more-link
{ 
	 				display:none;
}

Edited by IgnitePerth
spelling

Contact Us for detailed help

Common Squarespace Tips

Sharing Your Site Link

Squarespace web designers in Perth WA.