Sell a product in diferent quanitities that draw from a common Stock.

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hello, new to Squarespace, I have a question/problem regarding stock:

I want to sell cookies, but I'll bake them twice a week in 200 batches. I want to be able to sell them in different boxes/quantities, for example a x4 box, a x8 box and a x16 box. But the idea is that if someone buys a x16 box it should draw from the 200 total, so there would be 184 left, then someone buys x4 then 180 left, and so on.

Currently, I have set things up as 3 different products (could be variants but as far as I explored it's the same) but there is no way to sync them to a common product stock and this will lead to oversells or even worse, make it look like there is no stock of x4 boxes when in reality there is plenty, just listed as x16…

Hope I explained this well since English isn't my native language, right now this is a huge issue that I didn't see coming, hope there is a way to do this since it looks like a rather basic and easy thing any ecommerce service should have.

Thank you.

• Solution
37 minutes ago, DolceCotti said:

I want to sell cookies...in different boxes/quantities, for example a x4 box, a x8 box and a x16 box. But the idea is that if someone buys a x16 box it should draw from the 200 total.

Your explanation is perfect 🙂.

Squarespace doesn't have a built-in feature to do this. 

However, there's a Squarespace Extension you can add called Trunk Inventory. This adds real-time stock syncing between the products but is very costly - from $35 per month!

spacer.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.