Linking to a page section from header drop down menu in Roseti template

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

I am in the early stages of planning and building a website for an organization. The organization wants to have a drop-down menu for the main pages listed within its header. For example, when someone hovers over "About Us" in the header, a drop-down menu would appear with Mission, Leadership, etc. 

I know how to use the folder function to add and organize pages. However, the design of the site and the information on the site is rather minimal. Rather than having page after page after page, I'm organizing the information into discrete sections within a single page i.e. "Who we are," "Our Mission," and "Leadership" are all discrete sections within a single page. 

Is there a way to create a drop-down menu with links to a specific section of a page? I am using the Roseti template.

(Yes, I know this sounds redundant and unnecessary, but that's a whole other story).

Thank you. 

• Solution

Yes you can do something like what you want.

Generally you'd create folders in the Main Navigation. Then in the folders you create Link pages that point to a page and URI fragment.

287763586_ScreenShot2021-07-14at10_17_56PM.png.f49942fc4d5d1641a2097cf5ec7c077b.png

1194076412_ScreenShot2021-07-14at10_18_11PM.png.3ba27f2bb06ebe08609e3dcf4e0b2b6e.png

Then within the page with areas you want to link to, you need to add code blocks before each of the areas, something like the following.

<div id="mission" name="mission"></div>

Without being able to see the pages in question and the site it is hard to be more specific.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.