Getting started with your vision statement.

Vision statements are a powerful tool for companies both big and small. They serve as a North star for where you want to take your business in both aspirations and impact. While mission statements focus on the present, vision statements are all about the future. 

Vision statements are about finding the balance between simplicity, inspirational, meaningful to you, and most importantly, actionable. You can start developing your vision statement by asking yourself questions like what is the purpose of my business? What are my long-term goals? What are my company values? Then take these answers to craft 1 to 2 sentences that sum it up. Other best practices include using the present tense, and avoid using industry jargon. 

Some great examples of inspirational vision statements include:

• Ben & Jerry’s: "Making the best ice cream in the nicest possible way."
  • TED: “We believe passionately in the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and, ultimately, the world.”

How did you develop the vision statement for your business? What guiding questions did you find helpful? Share your learnings and vision statements in the comments below!

• Replies 0
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic