REMOVE "ADDED TO CART" MESSAGE

Using the product page to highlight my jewelry which is entirely custom work thus not adding the prices like a normal shop. Changed the "add to cart" button to "INQUIRE" which brings up the email form. The only part I cannot figure out is when the email is submitted it still says "added to cart!" and I need to change that to either not show up at all or to "email sent". Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!  

6 hours ago, Oreland said:

Using the product page to highlight my jewelry which is entirely custom work thus not adding the prices like a normal shop. Changed the "add to cart" button to "INQUIRE" which brings up the email form. The only part I cannot figure out is when the email is submitted it still says "added to cart!" and I need to change that to either not show up at all or to "email sent". Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!  

Could you share your current site look like

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Please set up a site-wide password.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password is not a security breach. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 7/11/2021 at 10:46 PM, Oreland said:

Using the product page to highlight my jewelry which is entirely custom work thus not adding the prices like a normal shop. Changed the "add to cart" button to "INQUIRE" which brings up the email form. The only part I cannot figure out is when the email is submitted it still says "added to cart!" and I need to change that to either not show up at all or to "email sent".

When you changed the label on the 'Add to Cart' button, that's all that happened. The label changed, but the functionality remained the same. The Custom Product Form won't be emailed to you. It will be added to the cart.

If you're looking for a solution that replaces the 'Add to Cart button' with an Inquiry button that emails you a form then you may want to take a look at our Product Enquiry Form extension.

baume-enquiry-form.thumb.gif.52ff3eaf1fe716c6a272271f9c63669d.gif

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Yeah unfortunately after you sent this last message I realized indeed, it did nothing but just continue to add it to cart. 😞 surely I am not the only person with this problem as there is now a product you are showing

designed specifically for this problem. 

For those that aren't aware of the general sequence of events when using a form added to a product via the product editor form tab.

The form doesn't get presented until you click on the add to cart button. After the form is successfully filled out, it is added to the cart (the backend of SS). That form just sits there as part of the cart until the checkout is complete. Then the information in the form comes along with the various email notices and such to you and the customer.

The store is still a great way to store and present product like information but the commerce part of the process does not fit all needs. Hence good folks like @paul2009 try to fill the need for functionality like inquiries! It's not an uncommon need but apparently not a big enough need (numbers of folks needing the feature) for SS to address it.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.