How do I add a text box description onto a Category page?

Site URL: https://www.plantshopmanchester.com/

Hi there! 

We currently have products sorted by categories, and you can view all the products by category using the drop-down menu. Problem is, I want to add a description for each category page as a text box below the category title. I can't do this currently, as the pages are Link pages which link to the category, and they aren't editable.

I tried setting each Category up as a separate Store page, where I can add a block of text, but this means they won't show under the View All page, and I also can't add existing products to each page, I can only make new products for each page, and some products come up under multiple categories, so I don't want duplicates.

For example, we have products under the 'Pet Friendly' category, which may also fall under the 'Bright Light' category.

Does anyone have a work-around?

Edited by PlantShop111
adding site url twice
  • Replies 4
  • Views 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...
4 hours ago, Ruslan said:

How have you solved yours?

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

Please read the documentation at the link provided on how to share a link to your site to understand how it works. A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 5 months later...